Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Little Rock, AR. It has 2,481 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-820 Students
- B649 Students
- B-496 Students
- B329 Students
- A-251 Students
- B-217 Students
- B210 Students
- C+198 Students
- A+171 Students
- B-162 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.83 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.83 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 208 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.105 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.113 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.113 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.113 responses
Central High School Reviews
My overall high school experience was excellent. Central High School is a great school with good resources in helping you with your high school career, especially when you are a senior. The counselor’s office offered tons of scholarships that students could apply to. Clubs and activities were amazing as well, I was in four clubs in total and they were great. I love the diversity and the different cultures that are there as far as learning different languages in classes. Central High School offered me the best high school experience!
I love Central High School! There is immense diversity and wide opportunity for academic excellence. I have never seen another school with as many clubs, sports and extra-curricular activities that allow students to advance successfully towards their future.
Amazing college preparedness in every aspect of the AP classes available. Almost every course the College Board has is offered at Central with the exception of Japanese! Additionally, there is a great amount of history surrounding the culture and legacy of the school. This was a very cool component when it came to my time there.