Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Little Rock, AR. It has 2,466 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-936 Students
- B701 Students
- C+546 Students
- B363 Students
- A295 Students
- B243 Students
- B-235 Students
- C+216 Students
- A+189 Students
- B-176 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.90 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.90 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 230 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.112 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.120 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.120 responses
Central High School Reviews
As with many schools, it's best to get involved with students and faculty. There are SO many great clubs, and whichever club doesn't exist a student can form. The school prides itself on the experience of the Little Rock Nine, but many students wouldn't be able to name 5 out of the group. Also, there's definitely some self-segregation among students and opinion-based biases from teachers. Some teachers openly disrespect students and/or show lack of teaching ability, but others really do make the school stronger. Your favorite teachers will remember you and may even invite you out for lunch after you graduate to catch up! There can be real love from the school.
Diversity is found in all disciplines within the walls of Central High. Most obviously, the halls bubble with people from all around the world, nearly 30 countries represented. There is also strong academic diversity. Home to students from all across the city of Little Rock, Central offers a fit for all students. Students have access to nearly every AP class offered and countless electives in subject areas that compliment their interests. The different opportunities students are presented to excel in or explore their interest areas creates a group of different student cultures in the school, which allows many students to find friends of similar minds. Central also shows diversity outside of academics, where sports and clubs are a big part of the Tiger Pride. On Friday nights the football stadium is filled, on Tuesday afternoons the halls with students running across the school to make the Science Club meeting. Central High puts together the most unique experience of all.
My overall high school experience was excellent. Central High School is a great school with good resources in helping you with your high school career, especially when you are a senior. The counselor’s office offered tons of scholarships that students could apply to. Clubs and activities were amazing as well, I was in four clubs in total and they were great. I love the diversity and the different cultures that are there as far as learning different languages in classes. Central High School offered me the best high school experience!