Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in La Crosse, WI. It has 1,077 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+154 Students
- A-135 Students
- A115 Students
- B91 Students
- B+69 Students
- B65 Students
- B64 Students
- B57 Students
- B36 Students
- A28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Central High School
- A-Logan High School
- La Crosse School District, WI
- 116 reviews
- B+Holmen High School
- Holmen School District, WI
- 134 reviews
- B+West Salem High School
- West Salem School District, WI
- 39 reviews
- B-La Crescent-Hokah High School
- La Crescent-Hokah School District, MN
- 50 reviews
Central High School Reviews
At Central High School, my three, soon to be four years, have been some of the best years of my life. Although high school can be tough at times, the teachers are extremely helpful and have taught me so much. Some of my favorite teachers include my sophomore year chemistry teacher, my Spanish teacher, my junior year physics teacher, and my resource teacher. My educators have evolved me into the person I am today and have brought new interests into my life and for that I am very thankful. We also have class time set out to teach us morals and tips to guide us through life which I really enjoy. Lastly my favorite experience at Central High School is the student life. From olympic week to school dances to state basketball games, it has all been amazing. A good high school experience is all I wanted and Central exceeded my expectations.
The teachers at Central High School are great. They are very understanding and plenty of them love their job! The principal is very supportive and makes sure to greet everybody throughout the day. There are plenty of ways to get involved with people and clubs at this school.
Wasn't the worst school but it definitely needs some upgrades to certain areas. For example, the art selection for the school is little to none. They went down to one art teacher for the entire school. The only class she doesn't teach art wise is photography unless that has been dropped completely. I had a good experience for the most part when I went there.