Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in La Crosse, WI. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+135 Students
- A-115 Students
- A+97 Students
- B+81 Students
- B+65 Students
- B57 Students
- B54 Students
- B50 Students
- B36 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Central High School
- ALogan High School
- La Crosse School District, WI
- 112 reviews
- A-Holmen High School
- Holmen School District, WI
- 129 reviews
- B+West Salem High School
- West Salem School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- B-La Crescent-Hokah High School
- La Crescent-Hokah School District, MN
- 48 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Wasn't the worst school but it definitely needs some upgrades to certain areas. For example, the art selection for the school is little to none. They went down to one art teacher for the entire school. The only class she doesn't teach art wise is photography unless that has been dropped completely. I had a good experience for the most part when I went there.
I believe I am receiving the best academic opportunities I can living in La Crosse, WI. I have taken part in many honors and A.P. courses and online courses throughout my time here. I have even created my own curriculum through Central's Alternative Pathway program. For the courses that are unavailable to me, or classes that I want a more in depth collegiate experience in, the school has provided me with the opportunity of Youth Options. I will be taking classes at UW-L with my finances covered by the school district. That is incredible! I am incredibly fortunate. The school does a great job advocating for these programs. Online classes could be better advertised and possibly better supported depending on the class. Also more A.P. classes would be nice. I am so happy that the school offers a variety of intensities and approaches when it comes to the same subject such as Algebra Stretch, Algebra, and Honors Algebra.
Central High School has some very kind teachers who are more than willing to work with their students. However, there are some in the sports and the arts department that may be a bit harder on their award-winning teams. There are times where Central does nothing about bullying but no school has been perfect in doing so. Thought Central does have many thought provoking class options for its students for its students and constantly tries to improve itself with every year