Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Central High School is a public school located in Kirtland, NM. It has 708 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-82 Students
- B80 Students
- B-67 Students
- B+64 Students
- A62 Students
- B56 Students
- A-35 Students
- A-33 Students
- C+25 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Central High School
Central High School Reviews
What I liked about Kirtland Central High School was that, all of our sports were very competitive even if other schools looked down on us or degraded us. I would like to see more support in sports, academics, and mental health especially.
My extracurricular activities helped me learn and grown so much in ways that I thought were not possible. I was in all the leadership organizations my high school had, Student Council, National Honor Society and Business Professionals of America. I soared and loved every minute of it. I had to commitment to volunteer work and growing communication skills is the business world. I had to really apply myself if I wanted to excel in these organizations. Our trips, I had to fund raise to participate because these organizations did not receive funding. If a student is looking for something to do or learn a skill, Kirtland Central High School has it. The student just has to apply themselves and really enjoy it. That was my high school's main problem, the students were to lazy to apply themselves and did not have the support from home to enroll in any clubs. It was such a shame!
I attended all four years at central high school and it’s been a very good experience. Not only with my education but with how welcoming the school is. At central high I feel very safe and I feel like I can be open not only with certain teachers but with multiple teachers. The office staff is wonderful, they are always making sure we are safe and that we are getting the best education a high school student will need in the future to carry on in their life. I also like how they treat us like adults, because if they didn’t we wouldn’t be ready for the real world later one when we leave high school. Central high school has is a positive school all around.