Central High School is a public school located in Detroit, MI. It has 353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+29 Students
- B-25 Students
- A24 Students
- B17 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- C-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Central High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Central High School Reviews
The school was pretty stable during my first year, but afterwards there where many problems. Starting with different teachers every single week, and constant confusion within the student body and facility on how to handle it. Not to mention half of the first year students failed a class, that had a teacher, that didn't teach anything. Although there are some teachers that did their job, the other 50% didn't.
Traverse City Central High School is a challenging, connected, and awesome high school. Teachers and students make big connections and work towards building a better community.
Being at this school isn't all bad. there are some benefits like in the summer time if your passing your classes and have good grades you could get a summer job. Another good thing is that you would have some what of fun because you meet new people and make friends. When you tend to have friends you enjoy yourself. My school is too strict on what type of uniform we have on. I think as long as were getting an education it shouldn't matter what we have on. There is a lot of extracurricular activities going on. Either you hear about it and do it and don't heat about it and miss out, that's how things always go anyway. If I could do this all over again I don't think I would because when I came to this school about two years ago, I didn't know it was a EAA school. When basically means you stay in school longer than other schools and you basically don't have a summer break.