Central High School is an above average, public school located in Clifton, IL. It has 334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+14 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B+5 Students
- B5 Students
- A+4 Students
- B+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Central High School
- BHerscher High School
- Herscher Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 93 reviews
- BBradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
- Public School
- Bradley, IL
- 338 reviews
- BWatseka Community High School
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 38 reviews
- C+Iroquois West High School
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 73 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Central High School is, simply put, just another high school. As far as academics go, it scores slightly above the state average, however the teachers lack in their ability. Also, the administration at the school is not strict.
For the most part Central High School was awesome. The only thing I can complain about is all the outdated stuff. Anything from books to gym equipment everything just seemed outdated.
Clifton Central High School offered assistance any time I needed it. I had a teacher that was my coach as well as my teacher. This teacher went above and beyond in helping me reach my potential. I would change only a few things, for example, the food and lack of sports available.