Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Central High School is an above average, public school located in Cheyenne, WY. It has 1,194 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-506 Students
- B-200 Students
- A-138 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-53 Students
- A-52 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-44 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Central High School Reviews
Central High School has overall been very good. It has grown me to be academically smarter, as well as developed me as a person. The school consists of many clubs and extra curricular activities allowing for people to be apart of a group. Teachers are overall very nice, with exception to some, just like any school. Over the four years being in school, one develops becoming more mature and ready for college and life. The school strives for excellence and has set rules and standards that benefit the academic development of others. Academics are hard but push ones ability to do their work and surpass the adversity will make them more prepared for the future. Its a very hands on school being able to help you with about anything you need with good security and many individuals to build relationships with. I would recommend going to Central High School if you live in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Central high school is a fantastic school. The administrators are kind and caring, they are helpful and genuinely want to see students succeed. The teachers all offer so much support and extra time and resources. In addition, the community is amazing, there were always events going on and everyone was included!
Central was an amazing high school to build my knowledge and prepare me for my future. The teachers dedicate their time to make sure every student does their best and accomplishes anything thrown their way, whether its academically or personally. The sports atmosphere was also a very important part of the experience for me. Central and it's community loves showing support and being there for the Friday night games. As a cheerleader, I was very devoted to showing support to my school and I loved being able to involve the rest of the student body into cheering on central's teams, no matter the sport. I'm glad I was able to spend all 4 years of my high school career at CHS, and I know I will be more than ready for my future because of it!