Central High School is an above average, public school located in Cape Girardeau, MO. It has 1,110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B309 Students
- A142 Students
- B+107 Students
- A73 Students
- B39 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+35 Students
- A35 Students
- B34 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Central High School
- B-Egyptian Senior High School
- Egyptian Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Oran High School
- Oran R-III School District, MO
- 33 reviews
- A-Jackson Senior High School
- Jackson R-II School District, MO
- 137 reviews
- BThomas W. Kelly High School
- Scott County R-IV School District, MO
- 35 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I am currently a Junior at Cape Central High School and my experience here has been pretty good. I have made lots of friends, taken many honors and AP classes, and have been given the opportunity to take the ACT for free. I love most of my teachers. Some of them , I believe, are not suited to be teachers due to their poor teaching abilities and their general personality. Everything about this school is either average or great. I have overall enjoyed my three years of high school and I look forward to my senior year.
My experience in high school has been honestly great. I've been apart of the year book staff for three out of my four years here. I've been apart of the track and field team since I've been here as well. My school is very diverse, i love that because I get a chance to meet all kinds of people from different places. At Central High School My teachers give me the encouragement/confidence to do anything I put my mind to. The students here are great as well, I've never had an issue. One thing I wish I could change about my school is our dress code. Although, over the years it's slowly fading but I just feel like every student should be able to dress as freely as they want to, unless skin or inappropriate areas are being shown. Every student is unique, so we should be able to dress uniquely without consequences.
Cape Central has shown me what working and studying in a diverse community is like. Everyone is different in their own ways like socioeconomic statuses, academic inclines and ethnics. It is very beneficial to attend a school that accepts absolutely everyone. We have no criteria to attend Cape Central. There are also many great opportunities like dozens of clubs, sports, and activities to participate in.