Central High School is an above average, public school located in Cape Girardeau, MO. It has 1,110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-345 Students
- A-165 Students
- B121 Students
- A83 Students
- B53 Students
- B+40 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Central High School
- C+Egyptian Senior High School
- Egyptian Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 23 reviews
- C+Oran High School
- Oran R-III School District, MO
- 34 reviews
- A-Jackson Senior High School
- Jackson R-II School District, MO
- 148 reviews
- BThomas W. Kelly High School
- Scott County R-IV School District, MO
- 37 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Cape Central High School is great school. At Cape Central it is very diverse, lots of clubs, sports, and even job oppurunties. At Cape Central you are given free lunch, the choice of taking college credit classes, and no uniform. Cape Central gives you the freedom to express yourself through your clothes, art shows, theatre, in choir, and through sports. The staff are all very friendly and helpful to all students. The staff also does their best to help you understand the subjects you struggle and take the extra step and preparing us for our future. For example there are ACT Prep classes that you're allowed to take as an elective class. The sophomore class is required to take the practice ACT, so they recieve practice.
At Central High School, students are able to partake in an array of extracurriculars. There is a variety of clubs, sports, and other activities that any student could become involved in. Teachers and students are able to form strong bonds, and there is a good learning environment. The counselors and administration work hard and get a lot done for this school. The most pressing issue at Cape Central, however, is that the teachers are not treated well enough, so over the four years I've been here, I've seen a large amount of the staff leave and be replaced by fresh out of college teachers.
I am currently a Junior at Cape Central High School and my experience here has been pretty good. I have made lots of friends, taken many honors and AP classes, and have been given the opportunity to take the ACT for free. I love most of my teachers. Some of them , I believe, are not suited to be teachers due to their poor teaching abilities and their general personality. Everything about this school is either average or great. I have overall enjoyed my three years of high school and I look forward to my senior year.