Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Burlington, IL. It has 1,048 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B107 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+98 Students
- B+80 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-68 Students
- A61 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Central High School
- A-Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 130 reviews
- AHuntley High School
- Huntley Community School District No 158, IL
- 511 reviews
- ACrystal Lake South High School
- Community High School District No. 155, IL
- 345 reviews
- A-Community High School
- Public School
- West Chicago, IL
- 210 reviews
Central High School Reviews
The opportunities at the high school are wonderful. My favorite activity is that as part of the national honor Society, my daughter spends her academic advisory class once a week to work with students who are struggling in specific areas. I believe we learn more when we are teaching others, not just regarding academics but also in getting along with people of different abilities. My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed joining activities such as Students Against Destructive decision-making, National Honor Society, Leadership team; along with playing girls golf, basketball and soccer.
My experience with the teachers at Central, especially in the Arts (Choir, Band/ Concert Band, Drawing/ Painting) was meaningful and very helpful to my success as an art major. They helped propel me to become more confident, more skillful, and more aware of others and how they play a part in our lives. Another section of the school, the English department, is also filled with fun and quirky teachers who make learning engaging and dynamic. The English teachers will always help you to write your best and showcase how to be a great writer and a great teacher. Lastly, the social studies department is a place where you can learn about others and about how you want to progress as a person. The AP Psychology and Sociology/ Social Dynamics teachers both have a teaching style that helps your brain remember the information-- which makes learning easier and more effective. The teachers are also very kind and considerate toward the students.
Central High School, located in Burlington, IL, isn't a massive school by any means; it is surrounded by corn fields and rolling hills. In 5th grade, I moved from Charleston, South Carolina and began my education in the school district 301. Since that day, I have met amazing friends, realized my passion for singing and the arts, been apart of the varsity cheer program, taken four years of German, and so much more! My time at this school is not yet over, but I know that when it comes to an end I will carry it with me throughout college and wherever life takes me. The staff truly cares about every student's well being; they even helped me chose the college, Minnesota State University Mankato, that I recently committed to! The opportunities provided at Central have helped shape me into the person I am today, and I couldn't be more thankful to be a rocket.