Central High School is a public school located in Bolivar, TN. It has 794 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- B66 Students
- B61 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+40 Students
- B-37 Students
- C35 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Central High School Reviews
At first Central High School was rather overwhelming. As the years followed overwhelming turned to tolerable, now as my time with Central High School is drawing near the end I have come to love our little school. I believe there are many benefits to being in a small school. Smaller classes with more ability for 1 on 1 attention. Where the smaller school also poses a problem with fewer extracurricular activities offered. Also less variety for classes offered.
I like how involved the teachers and administration are with the students. They want to make sure that we succeed in life after high school.
At Bolivar central high school we are surround by police officers and have to wear IDs around our neck in order for them to see if we fit the description on our IDs. The teachers are awsome, but some of the students run them over ruining the learning process for others, causing most of the best teachers to leave.The principal is the best principal any school could have but most students take advantage of the man for his kind-hearted nature. Mostly it the students that always getting into trouble who do all of this and I am tired of it.