Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Central High School is an above average, public school located in Baton Rouge, LA. It has 1,388 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-360 Students
- B-279 Students
- B+131 Students
- B+88 Students
- C-86 Students
- C85 Students
- A-84 Students
- B78 Students
- B67 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responses
- Friday Night Football40%
- Spirit Week13%
- Basketball games11%
- Prom pre party11%
- Pep rallies4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Central High School
- AZachary High School
- Zachary Community Public Schools, LA
- 321 reviews
- A-Live Oak High School
- Livingston Parish Public Schools, LA
- 215 reviews
- CMcKinley Senior High School
- East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 216 reviews
- B+Brusly High School
- West Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 69 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I have attended Central Schools since Kindergarten and have been very impressed with the administration, teachers, and academics at each school. Central High aims to provide a safe and welcoming environment for each student to feel wanted and important. There is something here for everyone, whether it be sports, clubs, or spirit organizations. Central High School has gone above and behind to make my four years of highschool enjoyable and memorable.
During my time at Central High school I feel it was overall a very good experience. Some changes could definitely be made to festivities, teaching, and the environment. In the festivity department, there were good experiences such as pep rallies, sporting events, and talent shows. What needs to be improved in this department is that whenever we have these festivities they are very rare throughout the year and I feel as if they should be more frequent. We should have several pep rallies throughout the year as compared to 2 or 3. In the teaching element we have so many incredible teachers. While on the other hand we have some teachers who are lazy and rely on the internet to teach us. Lastly, the environment could use some improvement as in having more free dress days, more activities throughout the school year, and more appealing classrooms. If the school had a total makeover it would improve the environment. When a school is more appealing to the eye it's more welcoming to students.
My experience with the Central High School was that I met many friends and the teachers are excellent and teach very well. What I like the most about school is the communication between students and teachers. What I would like to change about the school is that the teacher who punishes those who grab something against the rules is that he does not listen to them, the reason they had for doing that, he does not even give them a warning, he simply punishes them even if they say no They knew it was against the rules. I would like you to first hear the reason why they were hurt and if it is a valid excuse, just give them a warning that the next time they beat him they will punish him and not simply punish them without even listening to them also that the teacher is the same with all the students and not simply punish some and those who like him.