Central High School is an above average, public school located in Baton Rouge, LA. It has 1,364 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-234 Students
- B179 Students
- B+100 Students
- B55 Students
- C-53 Students
- C52 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+47 Students
- B46 Students
- B+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Central High School
- AZachary High School
- Zachary Community Public Schools, LA
- 270 reviews
- A-Live Oak High School
- Livingston Parish Public Schools, LA
- 177 reviews
- B-McKinley Senior High School
- East Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 191 reviews
- BBrusly High School
- West Baton Rouge Parish Public Schools, LA
- 62 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Central High School is your average small town school; it is exceptionally average. Though sometimes it has its small perks, it often has hypocritical administration, dirty facilities, and often feels more like an institution than a community. Most teachers are bearable, with a few exceptional ones sprinkled in, but many that coddle teenagers like kindergarteners. Instead of singling out the idiotic few, they prefer to punish the majority innocent mass. More challenging academics, and a more understanding, less test-score-driven administration would make this school a much better place.
Central High School is an above average, public school located in Baton Rouge, LA. It has 1,364 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading Central High School is committed to providing a top-notch education, giving students the best high school experience possible, and being a benefit to our community. Our professional, hard working faculty and staff works to make every day a great day and we pride ourselves on making CHS a safe, efficient, effective and fun school. Our course offerings, clubs, arts and athletics all work together to make sure that every student can find their place.
I really liked my 4 years at Central High School. A big part of that is because Central High School has some of the best teachers, teachers who are kind, funny, and passionate about what they are teaching! I especially loved the electives it had to offer, with interesting courses like American Wars and 20th Century Genocides, Psychology, Concert Choir, and Talented Art. I had the pleasure of learning French with Madame Day and got to host French foreign exchange student!! Central Highschool has creative homecoming weeks where you are encouraged to dress to a theme. What I would like to see change is the cafeteria’s methods. It just seems like a big waste with all the food that is discarded and the styrofoam plates that are bad for the environment. It would be nice to see my former high school become more eco-friendly! I would also like to see it become more clean and stricter on bullying in the school. Otherwise, it is a very nice school in my opinion.