Central High School is an above average, public school located in Aberdeen, SD. It has 1,343 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-128 Students
- B+111 Students
- B75 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+35 Students
- A-30 Students
- B+27 Students
- B+27 Students
- A-26 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Central High School Reviews
I had a great high school experience! I got involved with dance team and sideline cheer, through which I met amazing friends. I felt like my teachers at Central truly cared about me as a person, rather than just as a student. Like all other high schools, there can be lots of cliques which is something I would like to see change; however, I think that’s a change that would need to happen within each student. Each student would need to have the mindset of being welcoming to new people and going out of their way to form connections with new people.
I love Central High School! I had a very wonderful experience! Teachers worked hard to see each and every student succeed. I always felt included and I always had a good time. Something I would change is the coat rule. We are not allowed to wear winter coats in school. I do not agree with this rule because the school can be very cold some days. I also would like to see each student with a laptop. Many schools around Central have laptops for each student. I think this is a good idea in order to be up to date with technology and information.
A lot of people will complain about this school but in reality those are the kids who don’t care about their school work and don’t care about school in general and are now trying to get their revenge on a school that had all the resources for them but they were too busy doing drugs. I love going to this school very much, the teachers are motivated, 95% of the administration actually cares and the coaches invest so much time in your benefit.