Central High School
- ABERDEEN, SD
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Central High School is an above average, public school located in ABERDEEN, SD. It has 1,349 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B149 Students
- grade B136 Students
- grade B+90 Students
- grade A57 Students
- grade B+48 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade B+33 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade B+31 Students
- grade A minus30 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Central High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responses
- Homecoming football game22%
- Pops, Pop, and Popcorn concert16%
- Christmas music in the halls before break14%
- Homecoming week dress up days12%
- School Spirit Friday10%
- Homecoming pep rally8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,728 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 27 responses
Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.6 out of 5 138 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My four years at Central were pretty good. The staff were very friendly and willing to work with their students to ensure success in their academics and future aspirations. There was an air of lightness and it was easy to discuss difficult topics. Faculty always did their best to ensure the safety of their students and I loved getting to know them. The classes were fun and educational and set me up for success. Overall, it was a great school and a great four years!
I had a great high school experience! I got involved with dance team and sideline cheer, through which I met amazing friends. I felt like my teachers at Central truly cared about me as a person, rather than just as a student. Like all other high schools, there can be lots of cliques which is something I would like to see change; however, I think that’s a change that would need to happen within each student. Each student would need to have the mindset of being welcoming to new people and going out of their way to form connections with new people.
I had a great time during my four years at Central High School. The teachers and other staff members are all very nice. The school provides great facilities along with a good education. The many events throughout the school year were put on very well which made for a great experience!