Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Central Heights High School is an above average, public school located in Richmond, KS. It has 282 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Central Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- A-37 Students
- B+30 Students
- B28 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B21 Students
- C+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Central Heights High School
- BWest Franklin High School
- West Franklin Unified School District, KS
- 25 reviews
- B-Osawatomie High School
- Osawatomie Unified School District, KS
- 19 reviews
- B-Ottawa Senior High School
- Ottawa Unified School District, KS
- 139 reviews
- B-Anderson County Junior/Senior High School
- Garnett Unified School District, KS
- 45 reviews
Central Heights High School Reviews
Some of the teachers do not teach. Often times they let their students do whatever they want and do not give assignments. Some of the teachers do not even teach their students, they just give homework and expect their students to learn that way. There are a few teachers who are very good however. They care about their students and their educations and always are coming up with the best ways they can to interest the students and help them learn.
There are not very many extracurricular activities at my school. There are a few sports and a few clubs. There are not a lot of clubs offered though. It is hard to be involved because there is not very much to be involved in. We have FBLA, FFA, FCCLA, Key Club, Student Council, and S.A.D.D. We also have clubs for the arts such as band, drama, forensics, art club, robotics, and choir. Last, we have Spanish Club and Yearbook.
My experience with this school has varied. I like the small atmosphere of the school and how everybody is like a family. However, I wish that I could go to a school that offered better educations for it's students.