Central Hardin High School is an above average, public school located in Cecilia, KY. It has 1,811 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Central Hardin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-504 Students
- A-451 Students
- A-442 Students
- C261 Students
- B-211 Students
- B154 Students
- C+152 Students
- B116 Students
- B-108 Students
- C97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Central Hardin High School
Central Hardin High School Reviews
Central Hardin is a wonderful institution in many aspects. However, like any other high school, it has it’s downsides. The music/arts programs are suffering and in a financial deficit due to continuously decreasing funding (even with increased pricing in the art field). Instead of providing even funding throughout different funding, the bulk of the funding goes towards the athletic programs. The athletics at Central Hardin are absolutely outstanding - without a doubt! However, the arts are just as important as the athletics and should be treated as such.
Central Hardin develops young people into leaders that are ready for the college world and work field. There were many opportunities such as various AP classes, dual credit courses, and strong sports programs that give Central Hardin graduates every opportunity to be successful when applying for colleges. Central Hardin is also special in the opportunities it provides in connection with Elizabethtown Community and Technical College. There are numerous programs that give juniors and seniors chances to get ahead in their chosen field. Central Hardin provides many clubs that also give each student the chance to learn leadership. Through FFA, Beta Club, Choir, and other choices, there are plenty of leadership roles for students to fulfill and learn from. The faculty really cares about each individual student and the student’s success. They took the time outside of the classroom to invest in each student. These are a few of the reasons why Central Hardin is and excellent high school.
There are so many things to love about Central! The things that’s made my highschool expereince so good were the teachers and administration. Every teacher has lots of different teaching styles to use in class which makes it easier for everyone to learn. The rest of the administration is so helpful with things like college prep, counciling, organization, clubs etc. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend my 4 years anywhere else!