Central Dauphin Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 1,714 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Central Dauphin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+335 Students
- A223 Students
- A-218 Students
- B151 Students
- B145 Students
- C+131 Students
- B118 Students
- A-117 Students
- B-104 Students
- B96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Central Dauphin Senior High School
- BCentral Dauphin East Senior High School
- Central Dauphin School District, PA
- 250 reviews
- BCedar Cliff High School
- West Shore School District, PA
- 244 reviews
- BAnnville-Cleona Secondary School
- Annville-Cleona School District, PA
- 84 reviews
- A-Palmyra Area Senior High School
- Palmyra Area School District, PA
- 147 reviews
Central Dauphin Senior High School Reviews
As a freshman at Central Dauphin East High School, my experience has been been somewhat enjoyable so far. The diverse rate at this school is amazing and very high. It is a place where you usually feel welcome and comfortale. The environment is sometimes a little rocky however the staff is wonderful and sincerely care about their students and want them to succeed. They're always there whether you need help with school or just have problems you need to talk about. The relationships they form with their student is very supportive and trustworthy. The students are also fascinating. The school pride they have and the different types of talent all around still amazes me to this day. I've never seen a school bring so much to the plate! Thos Is East High. Panther Pride🐾
I liked the seriousness of the academics being taught at this school. It is not a diverse populated school, which could make a student feel as an outcast. This school offers variety of sports and music classes to get students involved. The staff of the school are educated, motivating, and simply inspiring!
This school is very big on diversity and embraces that. They do their best to make all students feel involved and loved by constantly asking for students opinions on how we could make the school better. The teachers genuinely care about their students and are constantly going out of their way to help them out in whatever way they can. It is overall an amazing place to be and I’m glad that I’m spending my senior year here, surrounded by people who care about my future.