Central Dauphin East Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 1,426 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Central Dauphin East Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+134 Students
- C+96 Students
- A-83 Students
- B79 Students
- A71 Students
- C+51 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-45 Students
- B41 Students
- B41 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Central Dauphin East Senior High School
- B+Central Dauphin Senior High School
- Central Dauphin School District, PA
- 334 reviews
- B-Dauphin County Technical School
- Public School
- Harrisburg, PA
- 112 reviews
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- BSusquehanna Township High School
- Susquehanna Township School District, PA
- 189 reviews
Central Dauphin East Senior High School Reviews
Central Dauphin East High offered me the best 4 years of my life! I couldn’t imagine going to any other school, I really felt like I was a part of a family there, especially since it was so diverse. The music program specifically was amazing, and I feel as though the musical department is not given enough credit for their amazing productions, especially after winning 5 Apollo Awards! Amazing school, highly recommend!
Central Dauphin East taught me the importance of tolerance when meeting people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and identities in my four years of attendance. These are qualities not taught in most schools across the world as we see most educational institutions are taken up by one predominant race. Central Dauphin East provided me with extremely inclusive teachers and faculty to make sure I was not only comfortable, but prepared for what I was learning so I would be ready for life after graduation.
What I love about CD East High is the amount of diversity and culture there is to learn and experience all around! We are a family and would never wish to be any other! However, when it comes to supplies and technology, I believe it can be improved and supported with more fundings.