Central Dauphin East Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 1,472 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Central Dauphin East Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+173 Students
- C+129 Students
- A-125 Students
- B102 Students
- A94 Students
- C+72 Students
- B65 Students
- B-65 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+58 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Central Dauphin East Senior High School
- B+Central Dauphin Senior High School
- Central Dauphin School District, PA
- 357 reviews
- B-Dauphin County Technical School
- Public School
- Harrisburg, PA
- 126 reviews
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- BSusquehanna Township High School
- Susquehanna Township School District, PA
- 196 reviews
Central Dauphin East Senior High School Reviews
CD East High School is an incredible school. We have such a diverse population and I like to say that there is every kind of person here. There could be improvements in things like negative and positive consequences, but that does not take from the fact that the teachers at East High are the best in the district. They take time and effort in their teaching and seem to love their job! I am really going to miss the diverse environment as I move to college, but I am very glad to be a soon-to-be alumn.
There are pros and cons to just about everything and in terms of schools, lots in the area tend to think CD East is not as good as other high schools in the area. CD East has everything a parent would like—academics, clubs & activities, school culture, sports, safety, college readiness. However, while many may think that CD East is inferior to its sister school, Central Dauphin, or as competitive as Cumberland Valley, CD East has something that these schools desperately lack. Diversity. Diversity is important because it will not only follow students wherever college or occupation that they will go on to after high school, but when they grow older, have children, and become the future generation that will lead this country. CD East is very diverse and can be the difference between how students develop and feel towards individuals who have different backgrounds or cultures.
Central Dauphin East High offered me the best 4 years of my life! I couldn’t imagine going to any other school, I really felt like I was a part of a family there, especially since it was so diverse. The music program specifically was amazing, and I feel as though the musical department is not given enough credit for their amazing productions, especially after winning 5 Apollo Awards! Amazing school, highly recommend!