Central Community High School is an above average, public school located in Breese, IL. It has 575 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Central Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B68 Students
- B-52 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+26 Students
- A19 Students
- B+17 Students
- B17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Central Community High School
- BOkawville Junior/Senior High School
- West Washington County Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 36 reviews
- B+Highland High School
- Highland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 125 reviews
- B+Mascoutah High School
- Mascoutah Community Unit School District No. 19, IL
- 197 reviews
- BLebanon High School
- Lebanon Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 40 reviews
Central Community High School Reviews
I have truly enjoyed my first three years at Central and I plan on enjoying my last year also. The teachers and staff care so much about every student. The teachers try and help mold each and every student to become a respectable young man or woman along with preparing them for college or any other route they decide to take. The atmosphere is amazing everyone has school sprit and participates. I participate on scholar bowl, student council, Spanish club, debate club, FBLA, and First Priority(faith based group) and I love every minute of them because the staff make them so enjoyable. All in all Central has done a great job at making it feel more like a family and less like a school.
Our school spirit is like no other! When it comes down to game time, everyone from freshman to senior, teacher or parent, is found on the sidelines cheering on our school team. Our Principal, Mr. Jones, not only supports our sports, but walks around lunch almost every day asking how classes are going and if he can find anyone the help they need. I have never felt as important or accepted in a community than when I am at school. Our teachers go above and beyond the expectations of the curriculum. They try to make things fun and get us involved in an activity for each chapter or subject. Overall, Central is a family, and like Mr. Jones says, once a cougar, always a cougar!
Central Community High School has provided me with incredible skills in order for me to succeed in college after I graduate. The environment of our public school is like no other. Our community is so involved with all of our athletic activities and fundraisers because of how much they all love and support us. All of the students all have this drive to achieve, and the teachers are always encouraging us to do our best in everything that we do. I believe that high school is a very important four years in a person's life especially when it comes to developing yourself as a person, and Central Community High School has helped me form into the person I am today.