Central Columbia Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bloomsburg, PA. It has 549 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Central Columbia Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B214 Students
- A+139 Students
- A53 Students
- A-41 Students
- B41 Students
- B-38 Students
- B35 Students
- A-34 Students
- C32 Students
- C+32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Central Columbia Senior High School
- A-Danville Area Senior High School
- Danville Area School District, PA
- 95 reviews
- BSouthern Columbia High School
- Southern Columbia Area School District, PA
- 61 reviews
- B+Bloomsburg Area High School
- Bloomsburg Area School District, PA
- 104 reviews
- B-Berwick Area High School
- Berwick Area School District, PA
- 155 reviews
Central Columbia Senior High School Reviews
In the small town of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania Central Columbia is a great school for any parent's child. In Elementary school I learned how to read, write, solve simple math equations, and how to make friends. When middle school came, I learned about multiplying/dividing, space, American culture, and right from wrong. I remember being so excited for high school, being in the "big kid" school, and finally being able to call myself a freshman. Throughout my four years there I can finally say high school was a truly enlightening experience. Freshman year was great, I loved my teachers, friends, and the sports/activities I was involved in. When sophomore year began, I can remember not wanting to go back. I didn't have many friends and felt alone and lost. Fast forward to senior year, I couldn't wait to get out of here and by the time I blinked Graduation was upon me and tears fled my eyes in remembrance of all the years at Central.
Central Columbia is a pathway school that allows you to explore areas of interest that might lead to a career. The teachers are among some of the best and extremely helpful! Administration is good and cares about the well-being of all of its students. Central Columbia has prepared me for college and offers many opportunities to earn college credit before graduating high school.
Central Columbia has an outstanding facility staff who will meet your needs before their own and will put you first as their number one priority. Central Columbia has improved many pathways to help students succeed in agriculture and engineering. Central maintains an above average standardized test score reputation as well as maintaining the safety of its students. Bullying is one of Central's top concerns. On a monthly basis Central will put together emails, presentations, articles, and guest speakers addressing the topic. Although we have an outstanding guidance counselor, Mr. Bartholemew, who goes above and beyond for his fellow students and peers it isn't quite enough. As I have been a victim of bullying and have become a person with few friends I have begun to understand how lonesome and dangerous bullying and neglect can become. One aspect Central lacks is how little they try to make everyone feel welcomed and wanted during their school day.