Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Central City High School is an above average, public school located in Central City, NE. It has 218 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Central City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus54 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade C+14 Students
- grade C+13 Students
- grade C+12 Students
- grade A9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Football games45%
- Basketball games18%
- Winter Formal18%
- Chess Club9%
- Juniors where crowns on the day the seniors gradua9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,084 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Central City High School
- grade B+Aurora High School
- Aurora Public Schools, NE
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 126 reviews
- grade B minusHampton High School
- Hampton Public Schools, NE
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 17 reviews
- grade B minusHigh Plains Community High School
- High Plains Community Schools, NE
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade C+Palmer Junior/Senior High School
- Palmer Public Schools, NE
- Rating 4.13 out of 5 16 reviews
Central City High School Reviews
Rating 3.68 out of 5 47 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really enjoyed attending Central City High School! I believe that the teachers are very hard working and the students get along very well. It was a great school to attend because the class sizes were about 50 students to teacher. This led to a great learning environment and a lot of one-on-one attention from the teachers. I also think that Central City is a great town to grow up in and go to school in!
I love the atmosphere at school! I am always excited to come to school and see my friends while learning from great teachers. I believe they have really prepared me for the real world and college next year!
I think Central City High School is really good because the administration wants to do what is best for the kids. They work really hard to make it a good and fun experience to go there. The teachers are really hands on and help every kid when they need help. The teachers help the kids the best they can because they want what is best for every student. Since Central City is a smaller than some other schools it is more one to one. When a kid needs help, they can get the help they need because there aren’t so many students that the teacher has to help. Another thing at Central City is that you get good relationships between the students and teachers and the administration and teachers. I believe Central City is a really good school district and tries to do what is best for students.