Central Bucks High School - East is an elite, public school located in Doylestown, PA. It has 1,623 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Central Bucks High School - East Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+251 Students
- A189 Students
- A-182 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+113 Students
- A81 Students
- B+81 Students
- A+77 Students
- A57 Students
- A+56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 110 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Central Bucks High School - East
- A+Central Bucks High School - West
- Central Bucks School District, PA
- 295 reviews
- A+Central Bucks High School - South
- Central Bucks School District, PA
- 313 reviews
- A+New Hope-Solebury High School
- New Hope-Solebury School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- A+Council Rock High School - North
- Council Rock School District, PA
- 227 reviews
Central Bucks High School - East Reviews
C B East is a very academically competitive school. For the most part, everyone is committed to their schoolwork and tries their best to succeed in class. This competitiveness is not necessarily cut-throat, but in some instances it can be. The teachers are phenomenal. They take pride in the success of their students, and most enjoy getting to know students personally. Kids can be clique-y, but it's not hard to find your group. There are opportunities for many interests, and people usually find friend groups from within sports and clubs. Logistically, East is a nightmare. Only seniors can drive to school, and the parking lot has only one entrance and one exit, making the morning and afternoon drives an absolute mess. I live about 8 minutes away, and it takes me around 25 minutes to get to school when I drop off my sister down the road at Holicong.
I absolutely loved the overwhelming surplus of electives I had the choice of taking. I was able to take a classes like forensics and intro to law to help me decide what type of major I truly wanted to do. I also was a fan of the block scheduling system the Central Bucks School district has. It felt a lot like a college schedule and gave students and teachers the opportunity to dive deeper into the content in a single day. As a student, it made handling my classes and homework a lot easier while also allowing me to take ore advanced classes and double up in subjects. Lastly, I loved the staff. So many of the teachers at the school made a huge impact on me. Teachers are some of the greatest people to have as friends; that is what I learned from this school. They will help you out when needed, but most importantly, they have more knowledge than they lead on and teach.
Central Bucks East is the nicest public high school I have been to. The teachers are all very nice and want their students to succeed. The students are given an environment where their only option is to succeed which is good because it sets people up for the real world but at the same time it gives no perspective on what the national average is like. The sports teams are mostly good, there is always some issues but for the most part the system is good. The food is definitely better than what the stereotypical average is. We are definitely not a very diverse school but that is mostly based on the location of the school. Overall it's a very good high school and it definitely is a good first step in education.