Centerville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+38 Students
- A36 Students
- B-33 Students
- A+20 Students
- A17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- NG13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Centerville Senior High School Reviews
Review Centerville Senior High School
I think that centerville is a great school with a great faculty, however I do think there are some changes that would benefit our student body. I love the challenging courses our school offers. Centerville prepares their students for college. My changes would have to do with things such as discipline and help to get overall student involvement to rise. For instance, I have watched our dress code be unfairly enforced. By that I mean the principals pick and choose who gets sent home for the dress code and who they let "slide by with a warning". If the dress code is truely such a large problem, I believe our school should enforce it on all students: including athletes, good students, and "favorites". I also believe our school is so strict and principals scare the kids so much that our students lack desire to be at school and participate in activities like after school activities.
There are some extremely excellent teachers and some extremely qualified teachers. As with any school, we do have a sprinkling of teachers that do not TEACH well. Our math area lacks extremely and our science area is only good for the students that are highly intellectual based on the teacher's inability to pass on her knowledge in a way that average students can understand.
The safety in the school is okay, but the bullying is an issue. Centerville students aren't accepting and it's hard to fit in when you're a minority or aren't doing whatever they're into, aka drugs, alcohol, partying. Personally, I found it hard to express myself.