Centerville High School is a top rated, public school located in Centerville, OH. It has 2,775 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Centerville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+404 Students
- A-372 Students
- A270 Students
- A-236 Students
- B-227 Students
- A208 Students
- A-105 Students
- B102 Students
- C+83 Students
- B78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Centerville High School
- AKettering Fairmont High School
- Kettering City School District, OH
- 392 reviews
- ABellbrook High School
- Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District, OH
- 141 reviews
- A-Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- 245 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 338 reviews
Centerville High School Reviews
I loved going to Centerville High School! The teachers were really amazing and cared about you a lot. I had tons of opportunities to get involved and to gain quality experience for college. There were tons of opportunities to find people like you as well. I joined a Lacrosse team, Spanish club, Math Club, Yo-yo Club, Key Club and a couple others over my 4 years there. There was some issues with the levy passing and extras getting cut back but I still enjoyed it.
Really great school for learning at high levels if you choose to. At Centerville hHigh School there are great block programs where selected juniors and seniors get to take major specific classes such as the one I’m in now. I am in the Engineering block program and I have learned a lot about designing, machining, and wiring in my class. I have had a great experience so far! I am also taking Honors Physics two this year as a senior. I am thankful that the students at Centerville have the option to take such a high level course in high school.
I have attended Centerville for all four years of my high school career, and I have never really had much to complain about. The school provides such a large variety of classes, clubs, and activities that ensures every student can get involved in something they're passionate about. Centerville of course has its own problems like every other high school does, but I think all obstacles are handled pretty well by both the staff and the students. I also believe that Centerville is the kind of school which will only continue to improve in the future, as it continuously adapts to the needs of its students. I enjoyed my time here while it lasted, but now as a senior at the school I'm also ready to move on to bigger things.