Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Centerville High School is a top rated, public school located in Centerville, OH. It has 2,803 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Centerville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+601 Students
- grade A minus522 Students
- grade A minus399 Students
- grade A minus337 Students
- grade B minus298 Students
- grade A294 Students
- grade B+149 Students
- grade B145 Students
- grade B minus132 Students
- grade A+107 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Spirit Chain to raise money for area Charities35%
- Football games26%
- Spirit Week6%
- Club competitions4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,988 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 58 responses
Schools like Centerville High School
- grade A minusKettering Fairmont High School
- Kettering City School District, OH
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 446 reviews
- grade ABellbrook High School
- Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 156 reviews
- grade B+Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 279 reviews
- grade A minusBeavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 388 reviews
Centerville High School Reviews
Rating 4.03 out of 5 376 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My time at Centerville High School was overall pretty great. The experience is different for every person, so I recommend reading multiple reviews, but I think this is a fun yet academically challenging school. The best part about CHS is that it is big which means it is easy to find a group of people that you fit in with. There are also so many opportunities to be successful at Centerville. You can focus on academics by taking a plethora of AP courses and competing in academic competitions. If you are musically gifted there are great band, theater, choir, and orchestra programs. Even in athletics, we have kids kids who make it to the state level in all kinds of sports. At Centerville you choose your path, so wherever your interests lie, you can pursue them.
I really enjoy going to Centerville High School. I am a junior in my third year at Centerville High School and I have done nothing but have a great time. My teachers really care about my learning and ensure that all students are engaged and are learning the materials. Also, there is a range of diversity that goes to the school, including Indian, African America, Asian American, Caucasian as well as others. I would want to improve the way the school teaches students so that it's the best and most efficient as possible. So that every student that leaves there thinks they really gained something from going to Centerville High School.
Good School! Great curriculum and there are many great teachers who are able to affectively teach the curriculum. Sports and arts are both large parts of the school culture. Almost everyone is in at least one of those. There are also countless clubs and students are allowed to start their own club.