Centerville High School is a top rated, public school located in Centerville, OH. It has 2,791 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Centerville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+486 Students
- A440 Students
- A-324 Students
- A-276 Students
- B-261 Students
- A242 Students
- B126 Students
- A-125 Students
- B-101 Students
- B87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Centerville High School
- AKettering Fairmont High School
- Kettering City School District, OH
- 416 reviews
- ABellbrook High School
- Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District, OH
- 147 reviews
- B+Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- 261 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 364 reviews
Centerville High School Reviews
I loved going to Centerville High School! The teachers were really amazing and cared about you a lot. I had tons of opportunities to get involved and to gain quality experience for college. There were tons of opportunities to find people like you as well. I joined a Lacrosse team, Spanish club, Math Club, Yo-yo Club, Key Club and a couple others over my 4 years there. There was some issues with the levy passing and extras getting cut back but I still enjoyed it.
Centerville has so many opportunities that other schools around do not. The teachers all around are very good, and even most (although certainly not all) of them go above and beyond what they are required to do. Principals can be strict on some unnecessary things, but other than that, it is hard to be any better than it is. Our sports and academic extra curriculars are stellar(as far as coaches and players go) , many of which additionally do very well in competitions, tournament, and state rankings. The high school building itself is certainly on the older side, but improvements are slowly being made. There are lots of people who go to the school, which may be a turn off for some, but I personally have had a very enjoyable high school experience by meeting and getting to know lots of people with different backgrounds.
Throughout Centerville High School, there are some gems in the student population and the faculty. I've met some of my best friends here, but I've also met some of the most inconsiderate people I've ever encountered here. Some very understanding, sweet teachers and some teachers who seemed like they wanted their students to fail. Overall, Centerville needs to improve it's flexibility with students who are sick or have a chronic illness, or are mentally unwell. But, the education and the performing arts program will continue on to be amazing.