Center Point-Urbana High School Reviews

All of the teachers and staff do their best to engage students in the academic material. They also go out of their way to educate students on scholarships and college planning. They are also always available in case there are questions. If I did well on a test, I would get praise. And if I was struggling with the the material, the teacher was always more than ready to help me. I don't believe their is anything I would really change about our school system.
I personally believe that we have some of the best teachers in the state. We've been a blue ribbon school district two years in a row now, which is a big deal. Our teachers focus one-on-one and are very friendly. However, our school is very relaxed when it comes down to punishing people. Our music department is also extremely underfunded compared to our athletics.
CPU is a very close-knit school. The teachers are dedicated to the students and are willing to put aside their own time to help us achieve success. The staff and faculty work hard every day in order to help their students achieve success. Because CPU is a smaller school than most, it allows the teachers to meet with students one-on-one. This helps students learn concepts they're struggling with.
Start Your Review of Center Point-Urbana High School
It isn't too big of a school. We know everyone but we aren't in classes of 6 people. We create families on teams and classes. It has nice buildings. We are very respectful at sporting events as well.
I liked that I was able to feel very welcome in the music department, but I wish that there would have been more opportunities for AP classes or college readiness classes.
Center Point-Urbana High School staff are awesome. The school has a lot of spirit. I really appreciate the Storm Lunches. I do wished that seniors have open campus for lunch. I would like to see some of the football student section regulations to change.
My experience at this high school was not anything special. I did the normal things like attend games and go to musicals. I became very close to many of my teachers and distanced myself from others. Something that I would love to see change is for the fine arts program to have more attention than it does, particularly show choir and jazz choir. It has moved backwards in progress and it is very disheartening to see.
I was able to get involved in almost everything in my school all while getting an amazing education!
Center Point-Urbana High School is an amazing high school to attend for anyone. They provide a quality education to all students. Teachers are always willing to take time out of their busy lives to give students their undivided attention when a student needs help. Techers also do a great job of preparing students for college by teaching them effective study habits, how to properly write essays, and advising students on what information they need to focus on in their educational journey. Aside from academics, CPU has an amazing athletic program. Coaches not only teach our athletes how to be competitive athletes but good men and women. CPU helps to better the future of its students.
We support all the sports CPU offers, but there have been some sports that have been wanted from students that keep getting turned down. I think we have wonderful extracurricular activities but what about the ones we don't? There are some new clubs at our school and I think it's very for our students.
A big chunk of why this school is so amazing is because of the community. Everyone is so supportive and willing to help each other out. You can always count on community members watching your back.
The teacher at CPU are amazing! They are always willing to help students out, even if it requires extra work from them. They truly care about ALL of their students!
Overall, I feel safe at this school. We may not have the top notch security systems that other schools have, but that's mainly because we don't need them. We don't live in an area where crime is common, and most of the kids and staff look out for each other. We act as our own security system.
We have a wide variety of extracurricular programs at our school. I feel that there is almost something for everyone to do, no matter what they're interested. From computer club to cross country, there is something for everyone to do. We also have show choir, something that isn't found very often in our area.
The teachers are very passionate about teaching!
There is a lot to do, many different areas of interest are covered.
If I had to do school all over again, I'd choose Center Point-Urbana. The atmosphere is friendly and safe. I've made a few life long friends and am acquainted with almost everyone. Teachers care about you as a person, not just a number.
Start Your Review of Center Point-Urbana High School
All of my teachers are well-educated in their subjects and they do their best to share their knowledge. I've had teachers that go above and beyond to help those falling behind. Almost every teacher I've had has cared about me as a person, not just about my scores.
CPU has random drug dogs come in monthly, very strict policy of bullying, many cameras, etc.
There are the usual clubs and organizations, but I feel like there could be more.