Center Moriches High School is an above average, public school located in Center Moriches, NY. It has 569 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Center Moriches High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-61 Students
- C47 Students
- A30 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Center Moriches High School
- BHampton Bays High School
- Hampton Bays Union Free School District, NY
- PK, 6-12
- 73 reviews
- A-Centereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 253 reviews
- A-Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- 410 reviews
- A-Sachem High School North
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 371 reviews
Center Moriches High School Reviews
What I really loved about Center Moriches High School was the small community feel. The classes are really small; my graduating class is 155 students and that is the largest yet. Everyone knows everyone, which has both its pros and cons, but mostly it is really good. You get to make real relationships with classmates over four years. They also accommodated me really well when it came to AP classes that they may or may not have offered at the time; I can say that I was well prepared for college with the courses they offered.
I have been attending Center Moriches High School since I was a freshman 3 years ago. As a senior now, I feel more ready then ever to go on to bigger and better things. My high school has provided me with many opportunities and chances to work hard and put my best foot forward. I personally participate in many different out of school activities offered at the school such as Robotics, lacrosse and some of our many honor societies. I also challenge myself by taking many difficult classes and filling my schedule to the brim. There are many options at my school that have allowed me to decide my future. I will have taken a plethora of advanced courses throughout my high school career which have prepared me for college and my future major in biology. I have high hopes of attending medical school and becoming a doctor in the future, and I know because of my high school experience thus far, that this goal is not far out of sight.
All three of my children have attended CMHS. Both of my graduates have gone on to prestigious 4 year universities and finished in four years. My youngest is a junior now and doing very well academically, socially and athletically. All my children came from a feeder district (East Moriches) and had a choice to attend CM, Westhampton Beach or Eastport - South Manor HS. Without question, each of them has made a great choice.