Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Center Moriches High School is a highly rated, public school located in Center Moriches, NY. It has 573 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Center Moriches High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-78 Students
- C57 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+32 Students
- B30 Students
- A+28 Students
- B26 Students
- B-24 Students
- B23 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Center Moriches High School
- A-Hampton Bays High School
- Hampton Bays Union Free School District, NY
- PK, 8-12
- 75 reviews
- A-Centereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 280 reviews
- B+Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- 441 reviews
- B+Sachem High School North
- Sachem Central School District, NY
- 401 reviews
Center Moriches High School Reviews
Center Moriches high school is a fantastic school. The teachers are all willing to help students when needed for homework and tests. There are clubs, honor societies and sports that are all great with a lot of students and teachers involved. The guidance counselors, school psychologist, school social worker, and head of disability services all helped me so much. The special education program is fantastic and is the reason I discovered my dream to become a special education teacher.
I loved the teachers, I got help when I asked and mostly all the teachers I had always stayed with me to put in the extra work and do good when I was struggling. I joined smiles (a club) and it was the best thing I’ve ever did. Our sports teams were awesome as well. I loved cross country. Although I wish there was more funding and appreciation through the school for our outstanding team. I think the cafeteria needs work. 4.15$ for a sandwich seems ridiculous for a school lunch. Maybe I’m just cheap. The food quality and vending machines really need work.
What I really loved about Center Moriches High School was the small community feel. The classes are really small; my graduating class is 155 students and that is the largest yet. Everyone knows everyone, which has both its pros and cons, but mostly it is really good. You get to make real relationships with classmates over four years. They also accommodated me really well when it came to AP classes that they may or may not have offered at the time; I can say that I was well prepared for college with the courses they offered.