Center Line High School is a public school located in Center Line, MI. It has 721 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Center Line High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+112 Students
- A105 Students
- B95 Students
- C84 Students
- A+71 Students
- B68 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-61 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Center Line High School
- CAcademy 21
- Center Line Public Schools, MI
- 2 reviews
- C+Lee M. Thurston High School
- South Redford School District, MI
- 212 reviews
- BCousino Senior High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 374 reviews
- CHazel Park High School
- Hazel Park Public Schools, MI
- 97 reviews
Center Line High School Reviews
The school district had some serious issues. They do not prepare well for college, they reward the trouble makers and do nothing for their few high achieving students. Too many teachers play favorites with students and the administration enforces nothing. They have a hand full of good teachers but many only like certain kids and those kids get preferential treatment. The school itself is old and outdated. We have no football field or stadium. The soccer field is disgraceful. I’m honestly glad to be out of the district as it just continues to get worse each year. Bullies and trouble makers and fights daily.
I have been going to Center Line public schools since I was in preschool. Center Line's district is quite small due to the fact it is a city within a city. The students here are average students with low test scores and or students that do not try hard enough causing roughly 150 to 200 students graduates in every class. I have personally been on the above-average side throughout my academic years. I just try a little harder than most. It is not hard to be in the top 20 of your class when the competition isn't hard but it definitely isn't easy. The teachers here will help you push through the obstacles you may face and want you to succeed in your life especially academically. They will try their hardest to create a bond with their students so they can feel more welcomed and safe with them. Overal the school has their ups and downs but what school doesnt?
A school environment can play a major roll on a kids education. In Center Line High school, I am currently a senior and have gone here for almost four years and can say that I am proud to be a student here. Being an Arab-American Muslim it can be hard to view yourself other than different, but because of the amount of diversity I never once have felt "different" or overwhelmed. The school is small which I appreciate since I know everyone that goes there and know all of my teachers well. The academics are challenging but in a way that ensures that I will have a good education and the safety as well is great. I love going to Center Line High School and will support its growth and everything it has given me.