Center High School Reviews

Center High School is a very neat school where students go to learn and are motivated to succeed. The teachers are great and so are the students. I would just like to see more engagement between students and activities.
My experience at Center High School was like any other. I had an excellent time in the music department throughout my entire 4 years. The library had an amazing upgrade in my senior year. The administration is a bit biased and the dress code is extremely strict and unfair.
Center High School was definitely the worst school out of all in Center, Texas. My family and I loved how well things were going up until high school. Center High School has had many complications during my Senior year so far. My senior year has been the worst out of the four I have attended here. Never have I ever been so scared and disappointed to arrive at school wondering what was going to happen that day. I feel that the adults could have handled the complications we have had this school year way better. Also, I don't feel safe with the number of students with covid-19 that get sent home every day. Coming to school and seeing such a decrease in students gone feels weird. Seeing the halls look empty and not having some of your closest friends around to eat lunch with you is very depressing as well.
Start Your Review of Center High School
My experience at Center High School so far has been great. The teachers here are amazing and full of joy. The teachers always make it their priority to make sure students understand what is going on. My classmates here are great; they are all kind and willing to help. There are also several opportunities here that other schools don't provide. Overall, Center High School is great place to learn and simply have fun.
I loved the atmosphere at Center High School! The administration are truly invested in your future. Even though it is in a small town, there is an unending supply to the resources available to its students.
As with all schools, I have had my ups and downs with high school. Although there is the typical teen drama, this school has given me many opportunities that I would not have elsewhere. I have been given the chance to be in many different extracurricular activities that have made me who I am today. Not only that, but the staff is willing to work around your schedules and make plans to help you with your future education. The principals, teachers, and counselors make sure that every student has what they need to be successful in life. They are always willing to help the students in every way possible. I can be sure that I am prepared for my future because of the help that has been given to me along the way. I am so very grateful for everything this school has given me.
My school was fairly decent, though students weren't given very many freedoms. It is a closed campus, so students are basically forced to eat the less than great school lunches, unless their parents had nothing better to do and brought them something.
I liked the one coach we had for girls soccer my junior year and how she improved the team. Soccer both girls and boys did not receive and budget money yet were the only sport that actually made it as district champs all the way to regionals every year and spent all of their money on football which was barely likely to win a freaking game !
I love the school spirit from the parents, staff, and my fellow classmates. I love that we have the opportunity to begin college courses and have college prep. I wouldn't change anything.
My experience with Center High School was fairly great for the most part. Center High School has several career classes that can help you explore more into your career choice and/or help you begin looking into a career. You also get core classes and get to try for extra curricular.
One thing I wish I could see change with Center High School is that I wish teachers or school counselors would go more into detail about what each career class is about. I barely got to start exploring during my Junior year because I was not properly informed about the career class options I had, but I fortunately had enough time to find a career class that caught my attention.
Center High School offers many diverse college courses to students and many students take college courses. Saving students money and time after their high school years.
I like how everyone is really friendly . They help you with stuff that to be done. They school is so safe. The teachers are really helpful and the principles are really friendly.
During my 3 years in Center High School I have made my second family due to how traditional and welcoming my school is. Center High School did not make me feel like I was a burden, instead everyone in the school had their opinions when I needed help. I have experienced a lot of changes that my school system made and did not work therefore Center High School still has a lot of work cut out for them. The only thing I could recommend to change would be to have a 40 minute period with each senior and getting them all caught up on deadlines and looking into colleges.
What I like about my High School is that I have the opportunity to get college credit from Panola Junior College and SFA. I am currently taking English Composition 2, Psychology, and Elementary Statistics through Panola and Biology through SFA. The teachers are also very supportive and willing to help and answer questions. The counselors are always willing to answer questions about college and help me choose a college best fit for me. I am glad I have had the opportunity to go to Center High School.
I liked the amount of extra-curricular activities available and the amount of support they get. Everyone can find a club that is well-suited for them because of the amount available. I would like to see the support of academics increase. The school will pick sports over academics every time.
Center High School prepared me for college. Not in all areas, but by a few select teachers who put their hearts into preparing us for life. There are wonderful teachers there who are fixated on preparing students for standardized test, but to prepare you for your future.
Center High School is a good school. While academics can sometimes leave much to be desired, the school does try to help its students and give them opportunities. Students can take free college classes or dual credit with SFA or Panola and they have AP English and AP Physics. Unfortunately, CHS's main focus is on athletics rather than academics and it can be very blatant. Especially when the budget is tight and funding for "non-essentials" like Journalism is cut to make way for new football uniforms. I have heard the Life Skills program and help for students with ADHD or dyslexia is very good.
Center High School is very good for athletic students who want to be noticed by colleges and we do have a flex lunch which can allow new clubs to be created by students like a K-Pop Club, Anime Club and Naptime Club.
Start Your Review of Center High School
Center High is a very great place to get an education and to be able to graduate here with great people. The administration is great and having Panola College right next door is a great source to be able to get a look at a college life. It is a good place to get your education and there are great teachers to help you reach your goals. They are great listeners and are always willing to help.
No school is perfect, and that's the same with Center High School, but I wouldn't give it a bad rating. Overall, it provides the students with high technology to make learning easier and tries its best to improve when it can. There are some great teachers here, but not all are.
I graduated from Center High school, and it has prepared me greatly in my college career, they where able to find me and get 4,000 dollars in scholarships. It has great faculty and students, I wish to go back for the sake of community.