Center Grove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Greenwood, IN. It has 2,500 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Center Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A518 Students
- A+343 Students
- B+309 Students
- B261 Students
- A-174 Students
- B-156 Students
- B98 Students
- B+82 Students
- B74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Schools like Center Grove High School
- APlainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 317 reviews
- BTriton Central High School
- Northwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 150 reviews
- A-Franklin Central High School
- Franklin Township Community School Corporation, IN
- 477 reviews
- BFranklin Community High School
- Franklin Community School Corporation, IN
- 251 reviews
Center Grove High School Reviews
Center Grove High School wants their students to succeed not only academically but as a person. They provide their students with unlimited resources including IPads, a media center, special time to see teachers (AIM), and many others, the list is endless. The teachers at Center Grove want the best for their students, they get to know their students by their jobs, hobbies, athletics, and family. This personal relationship helps students feel comfortable enough to ask for help. Finally, the love and support from the Center Grove community helps led the students to success, behind every successful person there is a supportive group of people. Center Grove is a school that truly loves each and every of their students and is a great place to learn and grow!
Very nice, lots of opportunities. Some teachers care about success and others don't. Lots of money thrown into football while some classrooms need updated. Hate using the ipads for everything. Need to require all students to have a laptop instead. Library is very nice. Students are stuck up though and some are very mean. I'm pretty ready to be done but I feel prepared for college at least. Teachers push you but some are awful. Also hate the new AIM system and the way we do lunches. Should just be given a free period instead of stressing where to sit. Administration is also very mean. Too overbearing over students, especially in the morning while directing traffic.
I made new friends, and also made some enemies in the process. I liked some teachers and disliked some teachers. I also disliked how the administration decided to put more money towards building a new sports building than funding our education. Within my time at Center Grove High School, they were very determined to make the school modernized, high-tech, and an attraction towards anyone into sports. They didn't really put a lot into education other than funding new Chrome books and iPads. Overall, my experience was below-average, and I would probably not recommend it to others.