Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Centennial High School is an above average, public school located in Pueblo, CO. It has 1,065 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-342 Students
- A-200 Students
- B-175 Students
- A-163 Students
- A-161 Students
- A-132 Students
- C115 Students
- B-93 Students
- B-86 Students
- A+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Centennial High School Reviews
As I go into my Junior year at Centennial, I have no regrets about attending. Most of the students are involved in programs/clubs, and the counselors are always pushing to help get more students involved. The counselors are always honest and help us achieve our dreams while also making backup plans. The teachers are typically either amazing or terrible, there really isn't an in between but the experienced teachers typically perform better (unsurprisingly). Bell game is a huge part of the school and is one of .y favorite parts of the school. I love Centennial and all the opportunities it offers!
Centennial High School has a great culture. There is little to no bullying that I have seen occur in the school. Most of the teachers are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to work with you to fix any problems that you are experiencing in your learning path. However, one thing that is not great is locking the bathrooms. I understand the concern of vaping/smoking/ditching in the bathrooms, but locking all but one bathroom is impractical and leads to longer bathroom trips during class, and long lines during passing period. The district also took away all of our upper media computers, which poses an issue for classes which might want to use computers. There aren't enough computers for the students.
I can honestly say I have enjoyed my experience at Centennial High School.The staff are super friendly and will work with you on whatever you need help with.The office staff are always their to greet you with a warm welcome and smile.Centennial does a great job at making sure you are ready to graduate.At Centennial their is really no way of not graduating unless you are not trying.Centennial has the best counselors and they will help with anything you are going through and will make sure you are on your road to success.We have really good security and I always feel safe in the halls.The students are great and you will always meet new friends.