Centennial High School Reviews

Spacious campus with lots of good teachers. Doesn't feel cramped and has a beautiful view of the mountains. I've met some of my favorite teachers there.
I loved that Centennial High School is focused on students getting a good education and being involved with high school activities so we are more well rounded. I feel like maybe having more activities to boost school spirit is an area of improvement that can be looked at. Teachers and school staff are always there to support students or if you just need a little more support at times they are always there to help.
I've really enjoyed my time as a student at Centennial High School. I think the school provided a great environment for me to learn and grow as a person. I've met a lot of really cool people and discovered that I have interests in things I never knew. The culture at Centennial is really fun, because there is a lot of school spirit when it comes to sports or other extracurricular activities. One of the issues that I do have with the school is that sometimes I feel like the teachers are unknowledgeable in the topic that they are teaching. This can make it hard to learn effectively in the classroom. Overall though, I think Centennial has given me a very pleasant high school experience.
Start Your Review of Centennial High School
I like the athletic program, it's a Team family experience. They also have some great teachers.
I wish the Elementary school would leave Centennial campus.
Centennial High school is a very welcoming and a overall great for every student. The school spirt and the students respect is awesome. If you are a student athlete this is the school you want to go to because the coaches are awesome and the student sections are always cheering. The only down side to Centennial high school is that elementary students are currently enrolled at the school and using some of the high schools buildings. Centennial is easily the best school in Las Cruces and I would recommend you enroll there if you want a great high school experience.
My high school was an amazing school, I am so happy that I decided to go to Centennial for my high school years. They have an excellent variety of classes and clubs to try out and have always achieved an outstandingly high academic rate. Their are constant career pathways shown to the students to help them look into their futures. Overall Centennial High was an amazing school and I can say that I had an amazing experience.
Compared to what I had before Centennial High School in terms of resources, extracurricular activities, and overall opportunity, I didn't feel at home. When I transferred to Centennial, however, I rediscovered my passion to keep learning and learn more than what I did yesterday in all topics whether it be politics, economics, physics, and engineering. The only drawback, in my situation at least, is that N.M History is a required credit and as an out-of-state transfer, I have to take it my senior year.
Centennial provided me an opportunity to find my desired major/ career choice before college. The teachers actually cared that their students were successful. The facility was new and updated regularly to provide students the greatest chance at success.
Centennial is the most accepting school that I have ever attended. No matter who you are or what you look like, you can find someone to be friends with. If you look like you're feeling down, someone will walk up to you and ask if you are okay. The teachers are also very inviting and try to engage the students as much as possible. Many students have strong bonds with the teachers and find their favorite teachers at this school. There are a lot of clubs to choose from as well and it really isn't that hard to start a new one. You just have to find a teacher sponsor and get the Student Government and administration on board with your idea. The only thing that I would change about this school would be the paint job. Although the school has a lot of school spirit, the outside of the buildings doesn't show it. They are mostly neutral colors.
This school taught me a lot about my life, and is the reason I know what I will do with my life. Educators at this school truly care about the students that attend it, and really know what students look for in an education.
Overall my experience at Centennial High School has been fantastic! The school offers several classes such as Professional Baking and Student Government! I would recommend this High School to anyone! The school has amazing counselors who will help you set up a perfect class schedule to meet your needs. The teachers are constantly checking to see if you understand the work and are always working to provide the best education for their students!
I really like how Centennial is a newer school because students can focus on getting an education instead of architecture problems. I would like to see our school culture change into one that supports all of the school activities equally.
Unless you are in the honors program, the schooling you get here is extremely poor. Plus LCPS forced centennial to allow an entire elementary school to inhabit our buildings. They took over one and a half of our buildings. Including our science building which has great restricted high schoolers ability to learn.
Centennial HS a relative brand new school. It was voted one of the nicest gyms in the country. Athletically, us being so young in the district we play in my school has achieved many accolades related to the different sports we offer. Our school has even open its doors to an elementary school that has a mole problem. we accepted those kids as our high school family. I would like to see improvement in the able to have classes related to automotive and other skills that relate. I would also like for the local school administration allow incoming freshman make their school choice of the 4 we have to offer here in our city.
The atmosphere of the school was just a great place to be, the school spirit made school so fun. The education I received was not the best, some of the AP classes were taught by football coaches who cared way more about football than their classes. Most of the teachers were great and had everyone’s best interest at heart.
My overall experience at Centennial High School has been pretty good. All my teachers are involved and genuinely want to see us do well. Recently we have gotten a whole elementary school to move into our school and we have managed to integrate them well. Moving to a seven period day has gotten us to see and interact with our teachers more often and is a new aspect to our everyday lives. The school is big and has a lot of electives that we could take to better ourselves.
After being at Centennial High School for four years I have seen many positives and negatives regarding the overall environment of the school. I enjoyed the many wonderful friends I have met, the girls basketball program, as well as the multi-media/journalism program and opportunities offered to me. I was able to become close to a group of teachers who inspire me to be better and to strive for success. The only thing I would change about Centennial is the school spirit and the need for staff and administration to help build the culture and spirit.
Start Your Review of Centennial High School
Centennial High School is a really great school to be apart of. It is full of amazing teachers that really care about their students. I like that I am able to go and talk to my teachers whenever I have a problem and they work with me right away and help me and mentor me.
Centennial High School is a great place to go to school. The students are all very friendly. There are teachers who are really good and you can tell, they love their job. Three camps is probably the best part, although a bit out of town, the overall campus is very modern and clean, thanks to the custodians.
My experience in this school was overall pretty good. This school has really good teachers, although some don’t teach the best, but majority are really good. This school has a variety of clubs, just not the classics, such as sewing, ROTC, etc. the clubs we do have are very poor due to people being rude and judging. I was in FFA and while I tried to enjoy my time, it was always ruined by the people in it by them always judging, could never by myself. I’m naturally not the best at science or English, but it’s way better than middle school teachers. The math classes are by far the best personally speaking, this is because I never got math and was always confused, and every since freshman year with intervention algebra 1 I began understanding, and I get math and now is my favorite subject. This school is not amazing, but I did like my time staying here, and will surely miss it when I graduate this following May.