Centennial High School is an above average, public school located in Gresham, OR. It has 1,774 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B226 Students
- A-223 Students
- A-166 Students
- B-135 Students
- A90 Students
- B-81 Students
- B-73 Students
- NG69 Students
- B+50 Students
- B46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Centennial High School
- CCentenial Park School
- Centennial School District, OR
- 10 reviews
- A-Franklin High School
- Portland Public Schools, OR
- 302 reviews
- B-Sam Barlow High School
- Gresham-Barlow School District, OR
- 177 reviews
- A-Mountain View High School
- Evergreen Public Schools, WA
- 370 reviews
Centennial High School Reviews
Centennial High School has such a warm feeling from the moment you walk through the doors. It's apparent that the teachers there want to see their students succeed, as the continually take personal time to stay after or come in before school to help struggling students. The only thing that would have made my high school career here better was if there was more chances to get involved with our community. There are some clubs that focus on that, but I feel like they need to get promoted more frequently to the students.
Through Centennial High School I have seen and experienced a large array of excellent teachers and staff members who work toward making a personal connection with the students along the journeyy of aiding them not only through high school but also into their future careers and schooling whatever it may be. The only issue I would say there is to Centennial is that many of the extra curriculars go underfunded and the same may be said about the school itself. Despite the lack of funding although, Centennial does a great job working with what it has to provide the best possible learning experience.
I really enjoyed going to centennial high school. I am currently alumni, and graduated almost 20 years ago now, but it was a great place to learn, and there were many activities to participate in. The choir and the drama programs were the best! That was due to amazing teachers as well.