Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Centennial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Champaign, IL. It has 1,396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Centennial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+333 Students
- B-223 Students
- B168 Students
- B126 Students
- B+102 Students
- A+80 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Centennial High School
- A-Central High School
- Champaign Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 68 reviews
- B+Urbana High School
- Urbana School District No. 116, IL
- 167 reviews
- BRantoul Township High School
- Public School
- Rantoul, IL
- 61 reviews
- BUnity High School
- Tolono Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 110 reviews
Centennial High School Reviews
Centennial High School has many ups and downs, but I believe that it actually provides the education you need to continue life after graduation. But on the downside, Centennial is setting everyone up the same way, which isn't beneficial because not everyone is the same. Centennial does have outstanding graduation rates purely because this high school is made up of so many determined students and Centennial does an amazing job at supporting each and every one of the students. Centennial also has a couple ups and downs when it comes to helping the students. I have witnessed many students in need of some help, but Centennial just pushed that to the side and had the kids focus on other things. I rarely see a time where counselors at Centennial reach out to students in need. In order for this school to get a better review, Centennial needs to not be so by the book. They need to also take a step back and look at the health of their students and teachers.
I enjoy the variety of things to get involved in at Centennial High School. There is a large assortment of clubs, activities, classes, and teachers that all make the high school experience better! I think Centennial High School could improve by really making sure the teachers are fit for their jobs.
I was a student that moved from a small school in a small town to a big school in a big city, and with the changes of everyday culture I experienced from moving, Centennial provided a safe and welcoming place for me to adjust to my new surroundings. The teacher and students are very nice. With that being said, one of the changes I would like to see in Centennial is the teacher driving the students to be better and help the students become the best versions of themselves. I understand that there are some students that are hard to work with but they should never stop trying. I feel that some of the adults that work there give up on some of us when it comes to us understanding subjects and things around us. But overall Centennial High School is a great school to be at everyday.