Centauri High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+75 Students
- A-48 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+24 Students
- C+22 Students
- A-22 Students
- C+21 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Centauri High School Reviews
Review Centauri High School
Being at Centauri is an amazing experience.. its rated 39th of a low income school in Colorado. Being at Centauri isn't only just school, It's a place you meet life long friends and prepare for your future. Centauri is not a place that he/she dreads to go to, everyone is excited to get there and start preparing for what comes later in life. We have various sports and clubs. I have never seen a school with so much school spirit. The teachers there are not just teachers, they are leaders, prepares, and friends. It is amazing As a senior, I am graduating in 2017. Centauri's been the best experience of my life.. Those years i spent with those people will forever be the best years of my life. Deep down, we will all still be a family remembering our times being in the classroom wishing graduation would come fast. Little do we know our time there is limited. CENTAURI FALCON!
Although most of the student body is involved in some sort of extra curricular activity, the facilities here are extremely old and outdated. The football team only recently added new metal bleachers and lights for night games. Our track is still dirt even though we have over 70 kids that participate in track in the middle and high schools. Our gym in Centauri High School is so small and old that we have to have games in the Middle School gym because it's newer......that gym is 25 years old itself! Regardless of this, our sports teams are very competitive at the state level! We consistently "make it" to state in several sports. Because of our size and location and facilities we often times have to travel to other cities to compete. This brings up our buses. We purchase used buses because of the cost. When we get these uses they are not in great shape and often break down. As you can see, our school has great athletes in spite of the facilities and the buses.
We used to have really good food in our cafeteria. Since the Obama's have come into office our food has gone downhill. No food choices, bad taste and small portions are the most common complaints amount the students. The school takes no consideration as to the size of the student and their activity level when serving lunches. A little, nonactive freshman girls gets the same amount of food and the offensive guard on the football team. If there is leftovers the cooks are made to throw it out rather than give seconds to hungry students. It's wasteful and stupid!