Celina High School Reviews

Celina High School is a nice place. Rarely are there any problems. All of the staff and community are very helpful to everyone, even if you are a strangers. It is a very nice community over all.
It’s a nice school and it is smaller so it’s hard to offer a lot but I think I would have a better experience if there were more opportunities. If there had been more foreign languages, more electives with teachers that actually know what they’re doing, and more classes in general, I think my education would be more well rounded. Other than that it’s a pretty good school and the people are nice.
I really enjoyed the town and the people but I got cost the chance of playing college basketball because of a personal vendetta from the basketball coach. The athletic program as a whole is majorly flawed, it is full of parents just looking out for their kids.
Start Your Review of Celina High School
Celina High School is filled with students and staff alike who pursue academic excellence and take pride in its sense of community. Not only are students heavily involved in academics, but also extracurriculars. Teachers and staff devote their time to their students in order to help them achieve with goals, and in time form a special bond with every individual student to motivate them to achieve at their highest ability.
Celina is a small and loving town, and the high school is just the same. The high school is very interactive in the community. The high school gets the students involved in everything that it does.
The teachers do not get you prepared for anything in life or college, all they cared about was their football team
At Celina High School, I can say that I have so many memories in this school, but most of them would be due to Choir and event that happen in town. Celina is place where you can get close with anyone and be friendly too.
At CHS, there is stronger emphasis placed upon sports than academics. The student body is predominantly white and a Christian value system dominates school culture at times to the detriment of LGBTQ students. Greater resources could be invested in ensuring that minoritized students make it to graduation and are set up to succeed in a college setting. I’m addition, more effort could be made in creating an environment where all students feel like they are valued and respected members of the community. Trainings for staff on issues related to diversity and inclusion, such as implicit bias in school discipline, could mitigate some of the negative outcomes that students of different backgrounds must grapple with.
I went to the Celina High School for all four years and was involved in sports as well as the music department. I enjoyed the administration they were always so helpful and truly liked to support the school in all of their extracurricular activities. I would recommend this school to anyone would was looking to go to a different High School.
At Celina High School the teachers are very informed and involved in the student’s learning experience. The town is very involved in sports and encourage UIL academics. The school encourages everyone to be involved in school activities to promote school spirit. The school atmosphere travels into the community creating a small town but big dream community.
Celina High School is a very average high school. The staff is friendly and helpful. Most students are easy going and approachable. There are a few downsides with their focus on football. I didn’t really know what the academic activities were, they weren’t advertised enough. I also noticed that the few academic UIL’s weren’t congratulated enough when they went to state. For example the Cross Country, Volleyball, and Special Olympics usually have send offs which is when the student body line the halls and wish them luck on their competitions, but when it came for the debate team, the thespian society, even the choir going to state/finals, send offs never happened. I think that the principal preaches about leadership and teamwork a lot, but its the little things that really perfects a school. For the students who have a lot of time on their hands, they can’t find that many activities. More clubs can create a diverse group of people and maybe give the students a new interest.
I wish it would fund less to sports and more to overall education and fine arts. The teachers overall are good, they just need to have teachers teaching less subjects. Some teachers end up teaching 6 different classes or teaching classes they know nothing about, both to the detriment of the students educations.
I am new to this school and they accepted me with open arms. The staff is an incredible resource and a perfect way to communicate your needs to. Their coaches are there more for your personal growth rather than your success on the field. I feel like I am apart of a family and that I am apart of something special. In addition, technology is extremely accessible and I am able to access anything I need to be as successful as I can. In fact, 3 weeks into my summer, I have emailed my counselor three times and have gotten a response within 24 hours every time. Despite the difficult culture being a rising senior and new to a school, the staff and community has embraced me as one of their own.
Celina High School has given me a great environment to learn and mature in. This school has prepared me very well for college and the responsibilities that I will have next year. Everything that I do for my classes or extracurriculars teaches me something that will help me in the real world.
Liked the atmosphere. Academics are mediocre due to unqualified teachers being assigned to teach AP courses. Sports is the primary focus of the school/district, leading to a downfall in other areas of the school.
Celina High School welcomes and fosters students unlike I have seen. Not only does it have a range of academic and extracurricular activities, but Celina has an unmatched supporting community. From AP English Composition to Agriculture classes, Celina High School has education for people of many different backgrounds. Celina has some of the most competitive sports teams in the district, but it lacks in club and other extracurricular activities. It prepares its students for college by providing many AP and college credit courses. Celina High School is also a very clean public high school with many spacious facilities. Attending Celina has been a great experience, especially coming in Junior year from a private school in Dallas. The school has not only welcomed me into its community, but has provided opportunities for me to thrive and increase my knowledge in a safe setting. I could not ask for a better high school to move to and finish my high school career.
It's a good school with friendly and helpful staff. The campus is beautiful with plenty of room for learning and development. Not only do they have outstanding academics but they also have incredible extracurriculars.
Start Your Review of Celina High School
I liked seeing my friends every school day and I liked learning about new material. I didn't like how the teachers interacted with the students and how I felt unsafe.
The school is extremely mediocre. Counselors are awful at prepping for college and students of color are casually disadvantaged and not given the resources we need. Diversity is weak, the vast majority of my classes are all white. Seeing an employee of color, save the custodial staff, is a once in a lifetime occurrence in Celina -- every single one of my teachers is white and middle-upper class. The student body is exceedingly wealthy -- BMW's, Benz's, and Land Rovers are commonplace in the parking lot. The arts and all other programs, BUT band, are a joke and receive little to no funding. Teachers are somewhat invested in our success, so I'll give them that. The administration doesn't acknowledge the struggle of LGBTQIA+ students or students of color and will not sacrifice time and resources to accommodate marginalized students. If you're not Chrisitan, white, wealthy, and love football: you're going to hate Celina High School.
Been here for 3 years and am ready to leave. Football season is very busy for everyone involved. GDTBAB.