Celina High School is a highly rated, public school located in Celina, TX. It has 733 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Celina High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+69 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+67 Students
- A60 Students
- B48 Students
- A47 Students
- A44 Students
- B+42 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Celina High School
- B+Melissa High School
- Melissa Independent School District, TX
- 110 reviews
- BVan Alstyne High School
- Van Alstyne Independent School District, TX
- 95 reviews
- A-Gunter High School
- Gunter Independent School District, TX
- 83 reviews
- BAubrey High School
- Aubrey Independent School District, TX
- 83 reviews
Celina High School Reviews
Celina High School is a very average high school. The staff is friendly and helpful. Most students are easy going and approachable. There are a few downsides with their focus on football. I didn’t really know what the academic activities were, they weren’t advertised enough. I also noticed that the few academic UIL’s weren’t congratulated enough when they went to state. For example the Cross Country, Volleyball, and Special Olympics usually have send offs which is when the student body line the halls and wish them luck on their competitions, but when it came for the debate team, the thespian society, even the choir going to state/finals, send offs never happened. I think that the principal preaches about leadership and teamwork a lot, but its the little things that really perfects a school. For the students who have a lot of time on their hands, they can’t find that many activities. More clubs can create a diverse group of people and maybe give the students a new interest.
Celina High School welcomes and fosters students unlike I have seen. Not only does it have a range of academic and extracurricular activities, but Celina has an unmatched supporting community. From AP English Composition to Agriculture classes, Celina High School has education for people of many different backgrounds. Celina has some of the most competitive sports teams in the district, but it lacks in club and other extracurricular activities. It prepares its students for college by providing many AP and college credit courses. Celina High School is also a very clean public high school with many spacious facilities. Attending Celina has been a great experience, especially coming in Junior year from a private school in Dallas. The school has not only welcomed me into its community, but has provided opportunities for me to thrive and increase my knowledge in a safe setting. I could not ask for a better high school to move to and finish my high school career.
The school is extremely mediocre. Counselors are awful at prepping for college and students of color are casually disadvantaged and not given the resources we need. Diversity is weak, the vast majority of my classes are all white. Seeing an employee of color, save the custodial staff, is a once in a lifetime occurrence in Celina -- every single one of my teachers is white and middle-upper class. The student body is exceedingly wealthy -- BMW's, Benz's, and Land Rovers are commonplace in the parking lot. The arts and all other programs, BUT band, are a joke and receive little to no funding. Teachers are somewhat invested in our success, so I'll give them that. The administration doesn't acknowledge the struggle of LGBTQIA+ students or students of color and will not sacrifice time and resources to accommodate marginalized students. If you're not Chrisitan, white, wealthy, and love football: you're going to hate Celina High School.