Celina High School is a public school located in Celina, OH. It has 906 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Celina High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+49 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-36 Students
- A33 Students
- B32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-21 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Celina High School
- B+New Knoxville High School
- New Knoxville Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- BNew Bremen High School
- New Bremen Local School District, OH
- 78 reviews
- BSpencerville High School
- Spencerville Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- B+Fort Recovery High School
- Fort Recovery Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
Celina High School Reviews
My first few years at the high school were not too bad. The counselors made sure I had all my needed courses. Some teachers loved their job and made the classroom fun. However some teachers made it seem like they were superior and had power because they were the only teacher who taught a class. So some teachers need to be evaluated better because I do not respect some of them in the school. Also another plus, many extra curricular activities are available for the students. It will hopefully make a student's high school years more memorable.
Celina High School is an all-around pretty fair environment. It feels a bit pretentious at times, but there are nice characters and people you meet there. Teachers are understanding most of the time and it's overall an experience that you feel like you...simply get through. It's not too fantastic but it isn't necessarily poor either. With the right attitude it's a good time that you simply wouldn't want to go through again. But, in a way, it does help you to grow as an individual.
Academics are strongly pushed along with the participation in sports. In this pursuit, clubs and other activities that are meaningful to other students are pushed aside, not to be valued by the administration. I believe it to be very important for the administration to listen to the concerns of various students as they are the ones directly involved in the schooling process. In my experience, genuine concerns of mine regarding the staff, students, and school have been simply ignored. On the flip side, the teachers here truly care about their students.