Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepNG
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Cedars Academy Next Generation High School at Highland is an above average, public, charter school located in Austin, TX. It has 148 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Cedars Academy Next Generation High School at Highland Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+5 Students
- A3 Students
- C+3 Students
- B-2 Students
- C+2 Students
- B2 Students
- A2 Students
- A-2 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Cedars Academy Next Generation High School at Highland Reviews
I enjoyed being in the inaugural class of the high school. It allowed me to spearhead the start of several organizations and establish the school culture. I appreciated the class facilitators h teachers), because they treated the students as mature individuals. For example, class bells are not used. In addition all class assignments are project based. And the structure of the projects includes an agreed upon contract and various roles to gain a comfort level in the follow: The ability to master public speaking, sharing ideas, topic content and research conclusions.
When I first came to this high school I came with no experience on how to speak well in front of others and no real collaboration skills. They had me come out of shell to really show who I am as a young adult. This school is a all projects based school. So every class there’s something always to do and mainly hands on which I enjoy very much. I learned to speak up with my group mates to ask questions, to point out problems, and make the final project well enough to present to the whole class. We do most of our work on IPads which I thought was pretty cool as well. We have most of work in there once we present we share out our google slides. This is the way most of the colleges will present and this school already has us set and ready for future presentations. Don’t get me wrong there can be bumpy rides but there is office hours as well in our school to get the most help we need as well. I love how they really care about us so it’s like a huge family in my school.
I have gone to CINGHS since it first opened in 2016. Cedars is a school with a very small campus and population. Initially, I thought that I would probably end up moving schools; but I didn't. Over the 4 years that I spent at that high school, I got an experience that you could never get at a normal high school. I experienced what it was like to have a family outside of your family. Although the school may feel cramped and somewhat lame at times, especially in comparison to bigger schools, I knew that I was so lucky to be in an environment where teachers, students and other staff members cared about me and each other so much. No matter what I was doing , I always had support from those at Cedars. Going and staying at that school changed my life in the most positive way. I am proud to say that I went to Cedars International Next Generation High School. The only thing I would change is to give the school a bigger budget for sports and equipment.