Cedarburg High School is a top rated, public school located in Cedarburg, WI. It has 1,126 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Cedarburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+209 Students
- A+120 Students
- B105 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+41 Students
- A35 Students
- B+33 Students
- B31 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Cedarburg High School
- A+East High School
- Elmbrook School District, WI
- 186 reviews
- A+Homestead High School
- Mequon-Thiensville School District, WI
- 251 reviews
- A+Whitefish Bay High School
- School District of Whitefish Bay, WI
- 164 reviews
- ASlinger High School
- Slinger School District, WI
- 210 reviews
Cedarburg High School Reviews
The teachers really get to know the students and provide resource time to help students take advantage of 1:1 feedback and resources to ensure they have a solid grasp of the learning. Many AP classes available. Well-rounded clubs, fine arts and sports programs supported by strong booster clubs and parents. The fine arts programs and academics are highly recognized in the state of WI. A referendum passed in 2018 to further invest in the schools infrastructure and resources for students. STEM learning is strong, and technology platforms are used to study, communicate with students and parents, and for students to submit assignments throughout the school year.
We currently have two girls attending CHS, a junior and a freshman. One of the reasons we moved to Cedarburg several years ago was because of CHS' high ratings. And student standardized testing results are consistently high. So far, we really have been very impressed with the variety of classes offered, the faculty in general, the facilities and campus, and the extracurriculars. There is generally good support from the community (various booster clubs, and a good volunteer base for fundraisers and events). The student body, though not particularly diverse, is generally a good bunch of kids. I do wish the board of education had a more diverse makeup (including more women), but I guess that's what you get in a community with the demographics we have. Overall, however, we know our girls will leave CHS ready for a challenging academic life after high school.
Very supportive teachers and community as a whole. Have been in district from K-12 and loved the exceptional high school. Teachers are hard working, strive to see students do their best, and encourage students to become leaders amongst their peers. Very safe school as well with recent renovations geared towards safety as well. New multi-million dollar referendum will only keep CHS on top of all other schools. Overall a very supportive and safe environment that challenges students in the best ways.