Cedarburg High School is an elite, public school located in Cedarburg, WI. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Cedarburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+172 Students
- A+99 Students
- B+89 Students
- A-57 Students
- A47 Students
- A+32 Students
- B27 Students
- B26 Students
- A26 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Cedarburg High School
- A+East High School
- Elmbrook School District, WI
- 182 reviews
- A+Homestead High School
- Mequon-Thiensville School District, WI
- 233 reviews
- A+Whitefish Bay High School
- School District of Whitefish Bay, WI
- 154 reviews
- ASlinger High School
- Slinger School District, WI
- 195 reviews
Cedarburg High School Reviews
At CHS, you receive a great education in a safe environment. There’s a variety of clubs available to everyone, as well as many sports to get involved in! Homecoming week typically a big week, especially for juniors and seniors as they partake in Powderpuff.
The overall feel and environment of CHS is welcoming. The staff members are passionate in what they are teaching and excited to spread their knowledge and help students succeed. This overall feel also helps drive you to succeed, along with the students around you encouraging each other to succeed as well. It provides many opportunities for students to challenge themselves in the academic environment, by providing advanced classes for pretty much every subject available along with 23 different AP offerings for a variety of subjects from language to computer sciences. CHS has a high graduation rate along with a student body that is driven to succeed in class and strive for grades that fit High honors and NHS criteria. CHS also has many extracurricular opportunities for sports along with niche activities like chess and math club. Student athletes are welcoming and passionate about their sports along with their academics. CHS is a great school to complete a high school level education.
This is a rigorous college-prep school that really prepares for life beyond high school. The large, diverse offerings of AP classes were definitely a positive aspect--it helped students like me earn credit and enter college at sophomore and junior standing. Teachers were excellent and generally dedicated to helping students go above and beyond. Only drawback was the culture--lots of white, upper-middle class kids who didn't really contribute much to the diversity factor. This promoted a very materialistic culture.