Cedar Springs High School is an above average, public school located in Cedar Springs, MI. It has 978 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Cedar Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+258 Students
- B245 Students
- C+198 Students
- B158 Students
- A148 Students
- B+89 Students
- A+86 Students
- C+68 Students
- B-56 Students
- A-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Cedar Springs High School
- BKent City High School
- Kent City Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- BComstock Park High School
- Comstock Park Public Schools, MI
- 59 reviews
- B-Greenville Senior High School
- Greenville Public Schools, MI
- 125 reviews
- BSparta Senior High School
- Sparta Area Schools, MI
- 78 reviews
Cedar Springs High School Reviews
There are many positives about CSHS including the courses that are offered. They have a wide variety of AP courses, dual enrollment options, and other college readiness options such as the early middle college program where your associates degree is paid for! On the other hand, one thing I would change, is the class size. Many classes are too large for ideal learning conditions. I was never in a class that was less than 25 students and for many it was hard to deeply understand the material. Overall, the staff and administrators care for their students and their futures. They try really hard to prepare them for college or the workforce.
Cedar Springs High School is where I graduated from and I loved the environment. The teachers were always willing to help no matter the situation and the all were the type of people who strive to see their students succeed. Some teachers would help prepare their students for the college environment, while other made sure that students weren't falling behind in the fast paced environment. Additionally, there was such a wide variety of classes. Many students, including myself, had the opportunity to take dual enrollment classes to earn college credit, or we could take advanced placement courses where we could end up testing out of college classes. These were super important to myself and others who looked to go into college with some credit already under their belt. Overall, I think the school had a very welcoming environment through the faculty, my fellow students were the only ones who made high school a little tough on my end.
Cedar Springs High School has been a very nice school to attend and I have had a very positive experience so far. The teachers at this school are very caring and want the best for their students; they also are talented in their fields and are great educators. At Cedar Springs High School there are plenty of opportunities to succeed whether that be in one of their many AP courses offered or an extracurricular activity or club ran at the school. The atmosphere is also very nice at this high school because everyone tries to be as friendly as they can. Cedar Springs is a smaller town but the school is a perfect size between a large city and an itty bitty town. As the incoming classes are growing in size, the district may want to consider expanding the building or growing the campus to account for that. I have enjoyed my time at CSHS.