Cedar Ridge High School is a public school located in Newark, AR. It has 433 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Cedar Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B51 Students
- B25 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Cedar Ridge High School
- CMidland High School
- Midland School District, AR
- 22 reviews
- B-Cave City High Career & Collegiate Preparatory School
- Cave City School District, AR
- 46 reviews
- B+Southside Charter High School
- Southside School District, AR
- 39 reviews
- BBatesville High School
- Batesville School District, AR
- 79 reviews
Cedar Ridge High School Reviews
I have very few close friends at this school and have a great time in the school band. I wish that the school band had more funding and that we wouldn't have like 17 rats in the middle school building. I would like less discrimination to LGBTQ+ people in this school and to be treated equally. I wish that they would have more food options and more varieties of library books.
The teachers at this school, overall, are some of the nicest people one will ever meet. Most of them care for the students and hep them the best that they can if they are struggling. Some of them, however, are too smart for their own good. They know the material, but they have a hard time teaching the student to where they can understand and perform at their greatest ability. It is a challenge, but I like challenges. They have made me study harder than ever and have prepared me for college to the best of their abilities.
This school is a good school, and is improving every year. The best thing about this school is the size. This school is so small the teachers have more time to slow down and have a little more one on one with the struggling students. My favorite thing about this school is the understanding all the staff has. If a student is having a hard time with school, or even at home, they will go above and beyond to help and ensure that their students succeed.