Cedar Grove High School Reviews

Cedar Grove High does, and is doing, its best. The teachers I interacted with were lovely, even outside of class. They actively cared about me; not only did they want me to improve my grades, they wanted me to grow as a person. They were friendly and asked me if everything was okay during my off days. They, in short, are good people. But the school itself was hostile to people like me. If you don't do sports (football, really) or the spring musical, there are no opportunities for you. You get a club or two and that's it. You don't get the scholarships, field trips, or anything that the other students do. Artists and non-athletic kids and academics never got the funding or the care they needed, and that's where this school goes wrong. The good thing is, there are people trying to make things better for the people who don't fit into those categories, and I'm thankful for them every day.

Cedar Grove High School was a great place to spend four years, but I don't think I plan to return.
High school has been the overall best experience of my life so far. My high school offers so much to each and every student. From the tons of clubs we have, to the many sports and community activities we involve ourselves in.
I like that at my high school, everyone, including the staff and students, are very friendly. However, my school should have more different types of classes offered and more importantly, more recognition for academics. My school does not have rank or a valedictorian and I believe it should. My school also lacks diversity.
Start Your Review of Cedar Grove High School
Cedar Grove has grow over the years in its arts and music departments. Teachers are constantly encouraging students to strive creatively through art, music, or Stem programs.
Cedar Grove High School provides great opportunities for all students to get involved, both in and out of the classroom. Whether it be through extracurriculars, sports, clubs, and activities, there is something for everyone.
Cedar Grove is excellent. Its passionate and capable teachers, students who are serious about school but also loving and fun, and thoughtful administration all combine to create an excellent administration. The only criticism to offer is for more variety of activities in both sports and classes. If there were more options for classes and sports, students would be able to find their passions which they could eventually turn into a career.
Overall I have had a good experience. I played Football for 4 years and it was a huge part of my life. Most teachers go above and beyond
Cedar Grove High School always gave me a safe learning environment in which I succeeded and enjoyed. I made a lot of friends in which I hope to keep and stay close with throughout my entire life. Also, I was offered many opportunities to be a part of clubs and organizations that I could excel in. I took advantage of many, if not all, of my opportunities here and I do appreciate all that Cedar Grove High School has done for me throughout my four years in high school.
I liked how my town was a real community and everyone was close. I dislike the lack of diversity and how political it is. I enjoyed my time there and have grown tremendously the last four years!
CGHS is very sports focused and it shows. They redesigned the whole football field. Academically speaking there really is not anything to talk about, its pretty bad honestly. Anyone who wants to pursue STEM do not bother coming here seriously dont. On the other hand if you are thinking about a art career then this is your go to school. I would love to see more love for STEM students here. Where are the computer science classes, where are the high level math classes like calc bc and differential equations, even entry level engineering courses for all engineering disciplines, building bridges does nothing for a electrical engineer, that is civil. If this school has money for art classes which there are too many of then lets start adding college level classes for the people who actually try at that school and are ill prepared for the future. The school might be 99% morons who will enroll in community college, but the 1 percent do get into good schools.
Overall I had a great experience at CGHS. I feel that some of the teaching methods could be different to really talor to the students. I also feel that the school could focus on all extra curricular activities not just sports. The arts programs are some of the best out there at CGHS and they don’t get enough recongnition from the school for it. If they were to put a little more effort into bettering the theatre departments and showing support for them the school would truly benefit more than it already has. In general, I enjoyed my time at Cedar Grove High School and other will as well.
Cedar Grove is a small school so everyone knows everyone. There is only about 500 kids who attend the school. We take sports here seriously especially football, everyone goes to the football games. The teachers know everyone and you often have teachers 2 or 3 times in your four years at Cedar Grove. I am a two sport athlete and I feel that everyone in this school pretty much comes to all the games, that is the plus of having a small school, and a small town.
It is very small, and by the time you’re a senior you’ll probably be sick of it. The classes are okay, but it is very cliquey. There are lots of clubs and activities to get involved in.
Dont send your children to Cedar Grove high school. There academics are horrible half the tim the kids are in the classroom on there phone.
At Cedar Grove High School I like that the teachers are very helpful and always there for you when you need help.
The faculty, for the most part, is very caring and knows what they're doing. They are always available to help out with whatever you need help with, and are nice about it. Of course, there are some faculty who don't fall under this category, which drops the grade a little bit.
Cedar Grove High School is a small school. It is a close-knit community, and there are many activities, clubs, and sports to get involved in. There is a zero bulling tolerance at my school. From what I know, no one is bullied. The school educates us on the severity of bullying and why it is uncalled for. Most of the teachers are helpful and well-educated. However, some are not, which sometimes makes it a disadvantage when learning new material. This is something my school needs to improve on. Our school is also not very diverse.
Start Your Review of Cedar Grove High School
Throughout my four years of high school here at Cedar Grove, I have learned lessons beyond the classroom. I've learned how to progress and move on from problems, not just solve them. And I began to learn more about the world around me - I cannot rely on my parents for every difficult moment in my life. I learned more about myself, who I was and who I wanted to be. Yeah, you learn how to solve equations and why Macbeth was a tragic hero, but those lessons don't matter much after high school, it's the lessons that impact your future that last forever.
Cedar Grove High School is a great learning environment. The teachers are fantastic, and the students are very welcoming.
Cedar Grove High School is a great school that allows you to strive for excellence. You are not just a number, you can be who ever you want and do any activities that you want. There is a strong sense of pride in this town and it has helped people like me get good grades and have success in athletics.