Cedar Falls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A201 Students
- B+157 Students
- A149 Students
- B69 Students
- B37 Students
- A+31 Students
- A21 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Cedar Falls High School
- A-Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School
- Waverly-Shell Rock Community School District, IA
- 85 reviews
- B+Aplington Parkersburg High School
- Aplington-Parkersburg Community School District, IA
- 32 reviews
- BHudson High School
- Hudson Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- B+Denver Senior High School
- Denver Community School District, IA
- 43 reviews
Cedar Falls High School Reviews
Overall, the school looks like it has nothing special to it; however, it is so much more than that. Cedar Falls High School has a phenomenal robotics team that has hosted Chinese teams and has received a multitude of awards. If an individual wishes to peruse further on a track despite it not being provided at the school, they are able to go to UNI an duel enroll. Many teachers obviously care as well as staff members such as counselors. While these are all favorable aspects, there are many negative ones as well. The school pours all their money into the football program instead of purchasing theater equipment or equipment for science labs. The school also has an odd view on sports. For male basketball and football, they are treated well with charter buses and a lot of funding while female basketball and other sports get little money and support from the school. It is easy to feel uncared for by the school do to this.
The fan section at every event is packed full. Although you'd imagine mostly students, about half are parents. These aren't just parents of players, but people in the community who truly are interested in Cedar Falls High School sports and other events. Our choir, theater performances, and other musical performances have a packed auditorium! We have to set up chairs outside the auditorium since so many people attend!
Cedar Falls High School has impacted my life more than I'd ever thought. As a recent (2017) graduate, I am proud to say I attended Cedar Falls High School. When all's said and done, CF has an incredible staff line up and that's what makes the school. Students at CF have an abundance of resources at their hands, including Google Chromebooks. Along with resources, CF takes pride in having large amounts of clubs, activities, and classes available to students. My one regret is not being involved in some of the clubs that were offered. While sports take the cake for the number one activity students are involved in, the arts are just as praised. It's not unusual to see an athlete involved in music or the school's musical. Cedar Falls High School breaks all the high school cliches and for that, I am a proud alum and couldn't imagine going elsewhere. The staff members, resources, and activities have prepared me for my future.