Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Cedar Falls High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cedar Falls, IA. It has 1,148 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Cedar Falls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A329 Students
- B+272 Students
- A255 Students
- B104 Students
- B70 Students
- A41 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Cedar Falls High School
- B+Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School
- Waverly-Shell Rock Community School District, IA
- 105 reviews
- B+Aplington Parkersburg High School
- Aplington-Parkersburg Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
- B+Hudson High School
- Hudson Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
- B+Denver Senior High School
- Denver Community School District, IA
- 48 reviews
Cedar Falls High School Reviews
I really like that Cedar Falls High School is big enough that it has many opportunities and activities to choose from. I know many other students who appreciate this as well. Teachers do their very best to include everyone that they can. They are open and respectful towards different opinions, perspectives, and ideas. I only have a few teachers who seems to care more about students than what they are teaching. If I could change anything about Cedar Falls High School, I would have teaching for teachers about why they are doing what they are doing. Are they really trying to help me succeed? The teachers who are more in tune with me and with other students, get farther in their teaching. The students learn better. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Cedar Falls High School, however.
While the current building is completely run down, the teachers inside are not. The teachers can be very strict, but at the end of the day every teacher I've had at CF has genuinely cared about my academic and personal growth. The administration isn't very accommodating to students, and sometimes they're plain rude. Beyond that, the building is kept clean and the students are mostly nice, good kids. I'll miss my years at CFHS, but the building can be destroyed. It has weird heating and cooling where most of the building is freezing, but one or two classes is unbearably hot. A new high school is set to be built in the next coming years. I'm going to college for Computer Science and CF has great resources to help in the post- high school journey.
My experience at Cedar Falls High School was overall very good. I only had issues with one teacher throughout my entire high school career and that was because they backed out on their word. Aside from the one, I liked all my other teachers and they all did well in getting back to me when I had questions or needed help. The only thing I disliked about my high school experience were the kids, but that wasn't the school's fault. All the staff have treated me well and do a lot to help students in any way they can.