Cedar Falls High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cedar Falls, IA. It has 1,123 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Cedar Falls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A290 Students
- B+244 Students
- A235 Students
- B96 Students
- B65 Students
- A+36 Students
- A35 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Cedar Falls High School
- A-Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School
- Waverly-Shell Rock Community School District, IA
- 95 reviews
- BAplington Parkersburg High School
- Aplington-Parkersburg Community School District, IA
- 38 reviews
- BHudson High School
- Hudson Community School District, IA
- 38 reviews
- B+Denver Senior High School
- Denver Community School District, IA
- 44 reviews
Cedar Falls High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my time at Cedar Falls High School. I had amazing experiences with all of my teachers and every single one had my best interest in mind. They were always there for me to ask questions and willing to set up a time to meet if extra help was necessary. Cedar Falls offers numerous clubs, year around sports, and an incredible theater program gives students endless possibilities to get involved. They performs tremendously well academically and that can be credited to the staff that Cedar Falls has to offer. In addition to the staff, the courses offered at the high school range from fundamentals all the way to college level courses. Students who need extra help are not discriminated against and the students who excel are not held back. Cedar Falls offers a wide variety of classes that meet the interests levels of everyone. I would highly recommend this high school to anyone who is looking for a safe high school in an incredible community.
Cedar Falls had excellent programs, and really nailed it when it comes to college classes. I loved how I could knock out pre requisites while still enrolled in high school. I'm very thankful for the wonderful teachers, and overall positive morale I sensed while a CF tiger myself!
Cedar Falls is an amazing high school, my only critique is that they need a new high school, however, they are in the process of building one! The teachers are amazing and there is a very friendly atmosphere at the high school.