C.E. King High School is a public school located in Houston, TX. It has 2,297 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
C.E. King High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-538 Students
- A+417 Students
- A+370 Students
- B350 Students
- B+315 Students
- B279 Students
- B-267 Students
- B+256 Students
- A+235 Students
- A206 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 110 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like C.E. King High School
- BNorth Shore Senior High School
- Galena Park Independent School District, TX
- 497 reviews
- BCrosby High School
- Crosby Independent School District, TX
- 160 reviews
- C+Channelview High School
- Channelview Independent School District, TX
- 480 reviews
- C+Humble High School
- Humble Independent School District, TX
- 304 reviews
C.E. King High School Reviews
During the almost 4 years that I have attended this high school has been such an experience. Before, I came from a whole different school district so I feared that I wouldn't be able to get along with others, but I was wrong. I was able to make great amazing friends in this school that I now treasure so much! Not only did I make new friends, I also enjoyed being able to part-take in their extracurricular activities and school events, with how much fun they made it!
C.E. King High is pretty much an average school. Not to terrible but not the best in certain departments. However, there is no denying that this school holds potential to grow and that was very much seen after Hurricane Harvey, and the build of the new high school. If I can say one thing I love about the school was the close community among a diverse class of students. Majority of the school is filled with minorities and first-generation students, so each and everyone understands each other in where we are coming from. I will say their is much room of improvement on their education department. There are passionate teachers involve in this school but there are some who give the bare minimum towards their students. Sports may not be the best, but the school spirit at a football season or soccer are always there. Overall the school has room for improvement and the potential to do it. Hopefully, with the new high school this potential will be able to be reach.
My experience with C.E. King High school overall was pretty okay. They really care about your safety hence the metal detectors and taking days off when the weather becomes bad. The hallways are always crowded though and getting to class can become hard. The teachers here are nice and provide a nice environment. One of the things about this school is that they care way too much about football and not so much any other activities. I'm saying this because they changed the bell schedule just to make more time for football which in my opinion is a little absurd. When looking back at all the years I've been here, people are so supportive and only want the best for you no matter what you decide to do.