Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
C.E. King High School is a public school located in Houston, TX. It has 2,488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-602 Students
- A+468 Students
- A+416 Students
- B374 Students
- B+349 Students
- B320 Students
- B299 Students
- B+277 Students
- A+272 Students
- A238 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like C.E. King High School
- BNorth Shore Senior High School
- Galena Park Independent School District, TX
- 539 reviews
- B+Crosby High School
- Crosby Independent School District, TX
- 177 reviews
- C+Channelview High School
- Channelview Independent School District, TX
- 498 reviews
- B-Humble High School
- Humble Independent School District, TX
- 326 reviews
C.E. King High School Reviews
During the almost 4 years that I have attended this high school has been such an experience. Before, I came from a whole different school district so I feared that I wouldn't be able to get along with others, but I was wrong. I was able to make great amazing friends in this school that I now treasure so much! Not only did I make new friends, I also enjoyed being able to part-take in their extracurricular activities and school events, with how much fun they made it!
My overall experience with this is school is somewhat mixed. I really like the way my school offers many activities and clubs for students to join and the camaraderie one makes with when you are a part of a team. Having these extracurricular activities gives us students choices and helps form social skills. However, the school does not make much effort to aid it's students when it comes to career planning and college readiness. The school counselors do not truly take in consideration the well being of the students and most often have their favorites. This does not make it fair for other students who struggle on their own. In addition, there are many under qualified teachers teaching subjects they do not have the certification for teaching. This make students even more confused when the teacher themselves can not explain or help, especially when the subject is an AP course.
Overall, I feel like this school is good. I am in a program called Early College which is kind of like dual credit. Being allowed to take college courses and potentially graduate with an associates degree is what I love about this school the most. Moving into the new campus was very strange. It is very big, kind of like a mall. Many great extra curricular activities and plenty of opportunities to make your high school years memorable. The staff and administration all all friendly but strict. Maybe because they want every single one of us to succeed. I do enjoy going to this school and would definitely recommend it to anyone.