C.C. Winn High School
- EAGLE PASS, TX
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
C.C. Winn High School is a public school located in EAGLE PASS, TX. It has 2,104 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B376 Students
- grade B349 Students
- grade A+327 Students
- grade A+321 Students
- grade A minus236 Students
- grade B218 Students
- grade B206 Students
- grade A148 Students
- grade B143 Students
- grade B minus136 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near C.C. Winn High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responses
- Homecoming and football games33%
- Marching Band Competitions15%
- Spirit Week8%
- Baseball games4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,373 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
C.C. Winn High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 196 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I attended C.C. Winn High School from 2016-2020 and I can proudly say I am a maverick alumni. Attending this school was very fun and I really like attending class as well as being in campus as I was very involved in clubs and organizations. For the most part, the educators were very passionate about their jobs and cared about their students' education with the exception of a few teachers who I still fail to understand have not been dismissed. The administration does their job very well with also the exception of a couple. The atmosphere of campus is very warm and positive making it easy to want to go to school and learn. I always found myself to be able to by myself and create change. There is a lot of school pride and passion which makes it that much more fun to be a student at this school. The only thing that I could criticize heavily is the outdated school dress code, the low-grade bathrooms, unappetizing food and the learning materials need upgrading. I have fond memories of it.
C.C. Winn High School is a place where its staff, parents, and community have a passion for the betterment for students learning. Teacher's and staff involve themselves with the students, putting in time and effort, to make it easier for students to have a fun high school experience while they learn. Parents give their time and attention to school events from football games to band competitions. In Winn, students give their best in the activities they are in, as the school gives them the tools they need for sucess. Teachers stay afterschool, as well as are provided laptops and resources in order for students to triumph in competitions. Inside the school students are accepting of each other, being friendly to new people. After school activities are a great way to find new friends that share the same interests as you. C.C. Winn is a good school that aims to produce students who will contribute to society, through its caring, hardworking staff and parents.
CC Winn high school is a great educational institution from which I have obtained the tools to become a well prepared student. Although there were circumstances in which I found myself overwhelmed due to the responsibilities of my different classes, my class instructors were always there to support me. There are many different advantages of assisting a institution like this one, the diversity that I would find in the personalities of those that I was surrounded was incredible. Due to the COVID 19, I do not have a chance to have all the fun that I used to have in the past. On the other hand, CC Winn high school continues to implement different ways to keep a connection between staff and students. I hope I get a chance to have a graduation and share the gratefulness that I have for the knowledgeable students they have made me become. Truth to be told, the aspirations that I have to create a better future for myself and my community is due to how much I have learned from my instructors.