Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School is a public school located in Cattaraugus, NY. It has 291 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-30 Students
- B-27 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B+6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School
- CWest Valley Central School
- West Valley Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 37 reviews
- BEllicottville Middle/High School
- Ellicottville Central School District, NY
- 46 reviews
- C-Pine Valley Central Junior/Senior High School
- Pine Valley Central School District, NY
- 27 reviews
- BGowanda High School
- Gowanda Central School District, NY
- 46 reviews
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School Reviews
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High school was a pleasure to be at. Overall the staff was amazing and helpful in so many ways. My high school experience was not great, but the things that made it less great were always handled quickly and efficiently. I thoroughly enjoyed going to school here.
The teachers in my school are mostly extremely good at their job. To describe most, I would say they care about the students, and make sure that we understand what they are teaching at all times. Besides a few, they are always happy and trying to make our day better. My school has a great teaching staff, that is on task and are caring beyond imagination. Anyone would and should be greatful for the staff we are blessed with.
For the size of our school the different options available to students was okay. Most times the clubs or sports were not funded very well and this resulted in a lot of programs being cut. I remember a sports team that I was on, we had to fundraise to get new uniforms because the women did not have uniforms, they wore the men's. There were also various programs that our students fought for that the school had to turn down because of our low budget. Classes, programs, sports, and teachers were being cut. The administration at my school was amazing. You could go to anyone for help and they would do their best to help. There wasn't a teacher in the building that all the students weren't familiar with.