Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School is a public school located in Cattaraugus, NY. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-27 Students
- B21 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School
- CWest Valley Central School
- West Valley Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 37 reviews
- B-Ellicottville Middle/High School
- Ellicottville Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- C-Pine Valley Central Junior/Senior High School
- Pine Valley Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- B-Gowanda High School
- Gowanda Central School District, NY
- 44 reviews
Cattaraugus-Little Valley High School Reviews
The teachers in my school are mostly extremely good at their job. To describe most, I would say they care about the students, and make sure that we understand what they are teaching at all times. Besides a few, they are always happy and trying to make our day better. My school has a great teaching staff, that is on task and are caring beyond imagination. Anyone would and should be greatful for the staff we are blessed with.
For the size of our school the different options available to students was okay. Most times the clubs or sports were not funded very well and this resulted in a lot of programs being cut. I remember a sports team that I was on, we had to fundraise to get new uniforms because the women did not have uniforms, they wore the men's. There were also various programs that our students fought for that the school had to turn down because of our low budget. Classes, programs, sports, and teachers were being cut. The administration at my school was amazing. You could go to anyone for help and they would do their best to help. There wasn't a teacher in the building that all the students weren't familiar with.
The teachers at this school are amazing and I have yet to meet any other teachers like them. These teachers cared about each student and wanted to help and see them succeed. They were always available when someone needed help, even after school. If students missed a lot of school they tried to solve the issue instead of letting it go. These teachers were very understanding and helpful throughout high school and I had very good relationships with all of my teachers.