Cathedral Preparatory School Reviews

Cathedral Prep has been an amazing experience. I am a three time state champ on the football team. We have been the best team in the state the past four years. The school makes sure you are prepared for college and wont stop until you are ready and have been accepted into a college. The teachers make sure you will understand the material. You will make a good amount of friends. I am friends with my whole class and a lot of underclassmen. Prep has made me into who I am today.
I had a wonderful experience at Cathedral Preparatory High School! The academics are top notch, teachers are stellar, and the sports are phenomenal! There are small class sizes, tutoring available and many other supports for all student types.
I am currently a senior at Cathedral Prep. I feel I made a good decision to attend the school because of their high academic standards. I have excelled beyond what I believed was possible. I am grateful for the opportunity I have been given. The faculty and staff have made a significant impact on my life by forming me into a distinguished honors stutent. I know I can move forward into the future with this solid foundation of academic excellence.
Start Your Review of Cathedral Preparatory School
Cathedral Preparatory School was my home away from home. From hitting the books to hitting the basketball court for our basketball team, the school has always had my back in any situation and that is why the school is so near and dear to my heart. What I would love to see as a change in Cathedral Preparatory School is seeing more diversity in the classrooms, because diversity is what makes a school more stronger as a unit as well as a great institution to learn and grow at.
Garbage. They only care about football and if you are not on the team you are nothing. The lunches are good but that’s about it
Cathedral Prep is a good school.
The brotherhood here is incredible. There is no experience like it it. We are so connected with one another, like a family. We all have each other’s backs no matter what.
My freshman year was exactly like I imagined it. The brotherhood, the education, the culture here at Prep was incredible. There was mutual respect between the administration and students. I enjoyed going to school because I was treated like an adult in an institution that promised to change me from a boy to a man.

Now, Prep has turned into a school more focused on discipline rather than education. The environment that I saw my freshman year no longer exists at Prep. There is now a strong disdain for administration among the students. They have taken away our bookbags and water bottles and they now search kids after they leave the restroom. The principal, James Smith, said that he will turn this school into a jail and he doesn’t care if he gets fired because this is just a job and he will find another. A man like this should not in a position of power in a prestigious high school.
The school is going down hill. The new proposed schedule is going to severely ruin the school and destroy the opportunities they love to boast about in their advertisements. The atmosphere almost feels like a prison because of the principal using scare tactics on the student body and disrespecting everyone and their families. I find it hard recommending this school to shadows because of the way we are treated especially when you don’t play a sport. The food is also terrible and they used to have great food but thya changed and become terrible. Overall, medicorce.
Overall decent academics but does not prepare you enough for college and the life after high school. Needs new principal. Next years schedule is going to limit major opportunities and will not be as successful as planned... Prep and Villa are not one school and anyone who says this does not know the different rules of each school.
I enjoyed my time here at Cathedral Prep. I have met classmates that I will call my brothers for the rest of my life.
I really like the teachers at Cathedral Preparatory School. They truly care about the student as a whole. I have been asked countless times by teachers if I was doing alright and if there was anything they could do either in the classroom or out of the classroom. They not only want to create the best students. But they want to see their students succeed later in life.
Cathedral Prep is a great catholic school in Erie, Pennsylvania. I am currently a senior and I feel that I am ready to go out into the world and make a difference. Like every you run into that you don't like or don't think are effective, but overall the teachers care about their students. The school I think does a good job of helping you grow your faith. Best of the brotherhood formed in this school is unbelievable. I know that I will keep in touch with the friends I made here for the rest of my life.
Cathedral Preparatory school is by far the best school in the area and state of Pennsylvania. It has the best, most helpful teachers there are. This school truly will prepare you for college because of all the AP classes and Dual Enrollment opportunities.
What I liked about Cathedral Prep was the connection between the teachers and students. The teachers want the students to thrive and excel at all they do. They want every student who walks into their classroom to leave a changed man. Many teachers teach for the money. This is not the case at prep as the teachers are underpaid compared to what the public school teachers make. It is their openness to take a pay cut because they know that their students will be prepared to take on what is ahead of them after prep.
Overall, my experience at Cathedral Prep has been good. The first two years went by smoothly and it was kind of laid back. The past two years has been harder with the addition of our new principal. Although the administration has become a bit harsh on us, it is only for our safety in the world with everything going on. It is an amazing school, academically, spiritually, and athletically with many opportunities in the future.
Great athletics need to see a new principal though. I chose Prep becouse the brotherhood I still see that. Academics are great. Easily the best school in Erie. No other school is closemother than mercyhurst but we’re still better.
Start Your Review of Cathedral Preparatory School
Cathedral Prep use to be a great school until the new principal took over last year. Now they are more worried about how you looked then what grades you get or to help you get the classes you are interested to help you learn. They abuse power, and don’t care for students. I’ve always dreamed of the prep experience alumni have talked about however, that is no longer the case. The principal said himself, “I will turn this place into a jail, and I will do anything I have to do, I do not care if I get fired because it’s just a job and there will be others”. This is not the type of person you want in charge of you child’s education. If I could redo my choice I would pick mercyhurst any day.
Don’t make the mistake that me and many of my classmates regret. This isn’t the best school and the academics are a joke compared to mecryhurts.
At Cathedral Preparatory School I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my high school career. Within the walls of this school I have been given many resources that have prepared me to graduate and become a giving member of society. I have met many friends, become actively involved in activities as well as clubs, and have become a part of the brotherhood over the course of the past four years. I would never have chosen another school to learn, grow, and flourish.
It's been a miserable experience. The education is terrible. Half of the people who attend Prep are not that bright. There are public schools who have better SAT scores than us. Don't waste 10 grand a year. Lunch is very expensive. I spend 5 dollars everyday on lunch. It's my senior year and I'm in class literally doing nothing. The only class I do work in is AP Calc. These teachers take it easy on us. I wish I never came here!!! THIS IS THE PURE TRUTH! The only reason to come to Prep is to strengthen faith in Christ.