Cathedral Preparatory School is a highly rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in Erie, PA. It has 523 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Tuition is $9,375 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Cathedral Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+103 Students
- B+86 Students
- A71 Students
- B41 Students
- A-37 Students
- B-33 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-25 Students
- B22 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Cathedral Preparatory School Reviews
My experience at Cathedral Prep has made me a better learner, has given me countless athletic opportunities, and has made me a more devoted Christian. You get a true sense of what it means to be a Rambler from the day to day attitude of the student body and faculty. School pride is something that has become part of me in both academics and athletics. Freshman year was a shock to me with how rigorous the academics and athletics were. Over time however, I have come to appreciate how much I have learned compared to other schools and how many more opportunities I have received. I fully recommend this school to anyone who is in the Erie area and is considering which high school to go to. It's the best. It's that simple. Roll Ramblers!
The school is going down hill. The new proposed schedule is going to severely ruin the school and destroy the opportunities they love to boast about in their advertisements. The atmosphere almost feels like a prison because of the principal using scare tactics on the student body and disrespecting everyone and their families. I find it hard recommending this school to shadows because of the way we are treated especially when you don’t play a sport. The food is also terrible and they used to have great food but thya changed and become terrible. Overall, medicorce.
Cathedral Preparatory School was my home away from home. From hitting the books to hitting the basketball court for our basketball team, the school has always had my back in any situation and that is why the school is so near and dear to my heart. What I would love to see as a change in Cathedral Preparatory School is seeing more diversity in the classrooms, because diversity is what makes a school more stronger as a unit as well as a great institution to learn and grow at.