Cathedral High School is a highly rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in El Paso, TX. It has 488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. Tuition is $6,680 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 96% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Cathedral High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-166 Students
- A+164 Students
- A-113 Students
- A+109 Students
- A106 Students
- B+71 Students
- B+69 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-44 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Cathedral High School Reviews
I am at my fourth and last year at Cathedral High School and I can definitely say that it has been an amazing experience. It is a Catholic all-male school and has been running since 1925. It is also not the biggest and newest of schools. But the friendships and brotherhood that I have cherished in the past four years will last for the rest of my life. I could have not asked for a better education or better teachers. The teachers have the same pride for the school as much as the students do. Our principle Brother Nick has also been running this school for a while now and he has been very supportive and hard working since the first day I met him. Every single morning he would stand at the entrance of the school and would give a hand shake to every student. Something I will remember forever is the the respect, education and faith that this school has taught me. Men of honor, men of faith!
Cathedral has been an incredible journey for me. It has taught me many things throughout these years. One great part about Cathedral is their attention to detail and dedication for every student. A weak part of high school is that many students feel as if they are not welcomed or even acknowledged. However, Cathedral strives in caring for every individual and making sure that everyone feels encouraged to aim high. Something that I feel like could be changed is the facility. The building is very old, and although there is a new part, the whole school should overall be remodeled. Besides that, I feel like Cathedral is an amazing and wonderful choice of high school.
Cathedral High School is an amazing high school in order to prepare your kids for college. As an alum from Cathedral, I can personally say that it is by far one of the best schools in El Paso and would definitely send my children here!