Cathedral Catholic High School is a leader in Catholic, college preparatory education. Our rigorous, innovative education program is offered in a nurturing community based on teachings of Jesus Christ and Traditions of the Catholic Church.
Our Cathedral Catholic core values — faith, knowledge, character, and responsibility — developed from our University of San Diego High School heritage, guide our graduates’ growth to become responsible leaders. Our program is student centered, recognizing that each person is made in the image and likeness of God and shaped by differences in interest, ability, and background. We are a collaborative community, dedicated to lifelong learning and teaching students to assume responsibility for their own educational and spiritual growth. In partnership with parents, we form an educational ministry that is mutually supportive and committed to excellence.
Cathedral Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A274 Students
- A+272 Students
- A+244 Students
- A-217 Students
- A205 Students
- A+205 Students
- A202 Students
- A+200 Students
- A+184 Students
- A165 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Cathedral Catholic High School Reviews
The teachers are very well-credentialed, dedicated and genuinely care that the student is learning. And as busy as they are with their own lives, these teachers are so accessible and responsive!
From academics, athletics and visual and performing arts, this school has a very gifted faculty and staff who help students realize their potential--not only in these fields, but also in being good people.
So happy with this school!
The first thing I noticed about the CCHS students is how well prepared they are in their math skills and that warrants kudos to the CCHS math department for their outstanding job of training their students.
The second thing I saw is how much these kids want to learn. They have more than enough to graduate with honors but they still want more. Not only do they want to know what the formulas are, not only do they want to know how to use the formulas, they want a deeper understanding WHY the formulas work.
Everyone I've met at CCHS - students, staff, faculty, administration - is good natured, pleasant, and helpful. I find the mood to be cheerful and productive. Overall I have come to realize that CCHS is a family. A happy family that welcomes you into their home.