Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Castle Rock High School is a public school located in Castle Rock, WA. It has 422 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Castle Rock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A78 Students
- C56 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Castle Rock High School
- CRainier Junior/Senior High School
- Rainier School District, OR
- 72 reviews
- B-Kelso High School
- Kelso School District, WA
- 228 reviews
- BMark Morris High School
- Longview School District, WA
- 71 reviews
- C+Toledo High School
- Toledo School District, WA
- 30 reviews
Castle Rock High School Reviews
My school has new principals and they have come from big schools and think they need to enforce the same rules they had there, we are a small school with little problems. They are creating problems by making new rules that don’t apply to the students because we’ve never had issues. They don’t run things through the board it’s just a bad environment.
Overall would not recommend this high-school. The Physical and verbal atmosphere is not good. I didn’t get a proper education in other words i passed with easy A’s in my classes by just showing up. It was too easy so I transferred to running start at Lower Columbia College where I am getting an adequate education. The building itself at the high school is falling apart but they don’t invest their money into repairing it. I’ve seen mice in the cafeteria and mold on the walls. Its just not a good environment.
I have been a member of the Castle Rock School District for 8 years now and I have enjoyed majority of my time there. This year the administration changed and things became less enjoyable. I have felt very unprepared for college and feel my school should've done a better job helping me be prepared. But being a Rocket has been an amazing experience. Through all of the Covid-19 stuff our school has done there best to honor the class of 2020 and that is much appreciated.