Castilleja School Reviews

The school looks great from the outside and based on the impression that you get from the open house but talk to the parents in private and you will know about the incompetency the teachers and school administration. Parents I know and talked to are frustrated with the school. I can't write too much here for Privacy reasons.believe me when I say that most of the stuff you is fake and I urge you to get to the truth. I am glad I got my daughter out after 1st year.
This school's veneer of sophistication doesn't hold up for many of the students, and the school's culture is thoroughly toxic. Students who attend as "charity cases," and are allowed in on a tuition waiver, are treated as second-class students by both the staff and the rest of the student body. Harassment and discrimination are rampant, with a culture of entitlement among the students encouraging the targeting of any students who are "different," whether they are of a different faith, social class, or simply stick out for being different. The fact that this has persisted for many years is indicative of the utter apathy of the administration toward any of the issues facing the student body, especially those who aren't paying full tuition.If you want a school that goes out of it's way to warp and destroy the mental health of it's less privileged students, while reinforcing the entitlement and terrible attitudes of it's wealthy kids, this is it.
This is AMAZING. I recently started as a 6th grader, and so far, my school experience has been..out of this world. I can't describe the wonderfulness of this school in this character limit, but I can tell you that the teachers are so amazing and caring; they really care about your sleep, and don't force you to do homework late in the night. They care about you and your health. Castilleja also has a lot of programs, or C, which are study blocks, or your elective, or grade meetings. During C, you can go to teachers and ask for help, and they help you. There's also something called little C at the end of the day, where the teachers also help you. But, Castilleja has so many fun events and traditions. Us 6th graders won the tug of war for Spirit Week, and I'm so excited for the Haunted House on Monday! I know some people say this is a bad school, but as a 6th grader, trust me, it's the best.
Start Your Review of Castilleja School
Never in my life have I disliked anything more then I did Casti. Awful awful awful. Being a student there is worse than anything in the world and I, as well as all of my friends who still attend, have never been so disgusted by a school, it's policies, and the way they deal with anything. All I can say is they should be shut down because they are stealing $44,000 annually from every individual that attends.
I’ll try to sum it up. BEST. SCHOOL. IN. THE. WORLD! Castilleja has amazing facilities, kind teachers, scrumptious food, amazing learning systems and classrooms, and many more! I love the sports and love their pool! If I actually wrote a review, I know this one is bad, it would never end. I am going to become a 7th grader, and Casti has been great so far! Can’t wait for the tie ceremony! See all you Gators out there in August!
It was excellent and loved it so much! I am currently a student there, and everyone is so kind and welcoming. I have always loved science, and at Castilleja, I am encouraged to pursue my dream.
Castilleja is comprised of the most supportive community. I've grown so much as a student throughout my time here and the faculty always makes time to check in with me.
I have and thrived here. Castilleja has improved me, not just in one trait, but overall. This school was crucial to me, as I went to the camp and immediately fell in love with the campus. When I entered 5th grade, I got serious about middle school and started researching. I planned to go to a public middle school, but when my mother and father asked if I wanted to go to Casti Camp this year, I remembered. Castilleja. A middle school. All these thoughts swirled in my head like, what if I don’t get in, what if I’m rejected. I wasn’t. The day I found out I screamed and cried with joy. I was going to my dream school. At first, I was nervous, but Casti was a welcome community. I felt safe and happy there. There is not much else to say about this. If I had to write all about it, this review would be very long. When I graduated, I attended Yale. I now work as an oncologist(cancer doctor) at Stanford Health Care. By the way, I still miss the food!I plan to send my girls there when older.
Phenomenal school. Castilleja has improved our daughters physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally. Two of our daughters have graduated, and the other one is a sophomore. The two that have graduated, one goes to Stanford, and my other daughter attends Yale. My kids used to be so shy, even with a speech to performing in a play. When Castilleja admitted them, and once they got settled in the the Casti community, I saw a great deal of change. From the first day to the last, their confidence has enhanced wonderfully. Every day, after school, they are bursting with news. They invite me and my husband/their father to everything. Their aren’t shy to introduce us to their friends either. Castilleja is the best school it can possibly be.
Castilleja has overall improved my academics and my confidence. This school has taught me the necessities I need for my dream job. I recently discovered I am going to Stanford, and have been so happy. First, my dream school, then my dream college. I have to thank Castilleja greatly for the preparation it gave me. I owe Casti a lot. This is an amazing school, and I will remember my title, Class of 2019, forever. I shall miss this school heavily.
Best school ever! Very diverse, friendly environment. There is nothing that I wasn’t to change at Casti. There is excellent food, fun teachers, and amazing facilities, especially the pool and gym. Go Casti!😀
Too good for words. Castilleja is an all-girls, friendly environment. In the classes, they don’t consist of a lot of students, so teachers can get one on one time with their students. The food is absolutely yummy! The tie ceremony is my favorite event! It means the start of a new and amazing year here at Casti. I attended the camps as a CILT (Counselor In Leadership Training), and it is super fun! Castilleja is a tightly knit community, and almost everyone knows the other people in their year! I love Castilleja School, and when I graduate, will miss it forever.
Ok, here goes. CASTILLEJA IS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER! I absolutely love this school. I entered as a 6th grader 2 years ago and am now in 8th grade. The food is super good, and so is dessert. After school, you are even free to explore the campus sometimes! The librarian is super nice and helpful. She always helps find the right books for me. Everyone there is really nice! I know people have said that Castilleja has a lot of bullying, but really, they don’t. I am not even white, but Casti has so far been a great experience for me, with rigorous academics, and amazing leadership! GO GATORS!
I possibly can’t explain this in less than 1,000 characters. I am a junior at Casti, and this is the best school in my opinion. Since both my parents work, I stay in the library,finish my homework, and read, or go make something in the Bourn Lab. My bday was a few days ago and my friends decorated my locker and surprised me! So fun! Did you know the history teacher is Dr.Doctor? She is super nice, like all the teachers. Don’t get me started on the food. It is absolutely delicious. Castilleja is an amazing school with great learning and leading systems, and great fun.
Castilleja has improved my confidence in myself by allowing me to learn in an environment with peers who are just as passionate as I am about their education. I've developed great relationships with my teachers and know they genuinely care about me, not just as a student, but as a person. The only negative is that, at times, the culture surrounding work can be stressful and toxic.
Castilleja is a phenomenal school for girls in Palo Alto. The curriculum is challenging and enriching, and the faculty could not be more supportive of each individual student.
Their math program is not great; Casti teaches Algebra 2 freshman year and Geometry in 10th. They argue that they are not a STEM school (I know Niche says otherwise, but their iLab subpar, usually empty, + the STEM classes don't teach the material compared to STEM schools. They have good History and English programs + science. The other problem that is the college counselors. They only recommend colleges with high acceptance rates for Casti students so they can brag that most students got their top choices such as Chico State and others.
Start Your Review of Castilleja School
The students at Castilleja are welcoming and kind, they also are very dedicated to their studies. The school is very competitive and all the students are under extreme pressure to do well. Castilleja has amazing opportunities available for its students, including wonderful speakers, a great alumni network, and fabulous extracurriculars.
I love that Castilleja is all-girls, supportive, and empowering. The small class size is great to get to know people and feel comfortable at school, though it can also have the consequence of not being able to meet new friends. The best part about Casti is the teachers and classes. We're lucky to have supportive teachers that we form close bonds with, teachers that are fun, engaging, inspiring. My choir teacher at Casti is like my dad.
I'm grateful to be on scholarship at Casti to get the opportunites I may not have gotten otherwise. I've learned lots, gained a global awareness, travelled, heard from incredible speakers, lead social justice initiatives. I'm grateful for the empowerment I've gained.
I want to change Casti’s mental health and how we deal with it. Many students leave because of their mental health, and it isn't talked about very much. It's important to balance our academic rigor with support for student's mental health, as well as conversations about it.
Castilleja School is a great school. It's so diverse, and the teachers are awesome. It makes me wish I could stay there forever, even in math class. (The math class is so much fun!)