Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cass Technical High School is an above average, public school located in Detroit, MI. It has 2,393 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Cass Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A2,283 Students
- B+1,815 Students
- A+1,769 Students
- B-1,141 Students
- B+1,103 Students
- B937 Students
- B923 Students
- B+784 Students
- B737 Students
- B-616 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.265 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.265 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.273 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.274 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.273 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.346 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.346 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.345 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.353 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.354 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.354 responses
Cass Technical High School Reviews
As a freshman at Cass Technical High School, I love the diversity of the school and the opportunities they have to offer! I would recommend Cass for an incoming freshman and increase their chances of having better SAT/ACT scores and deciding on what college they want to attend after 12th grade. They also offer amazing clubs and activities to do after school! Being involved with extra curriculums is important and can increase being social when applying for jobs and scholarships. Although nothing is perfect, Cass is one of the best high schools in Michigan to offer to newcomers.
My time at Cass Technical High School was a very pleasant experience. I have had amazing teachers, such as Ms.Green and Mrs.Willis that showed that they care about their student's well-being success! The school also had wonderful opportunities such as an internship at Mercedes Benz and Mike Ilitch. With most of the students being people of color and in poverty, it is amazing to see to see us get a chance. Although I loved my time at Cass, there are a few things the school needs to change. Students receive a lot of homework and most of it is not beneficial. I have spent countless nights crying over how much homework i have to complete. Another thing the school needs to change is how they enforce rules. One day they tell us that we must wear our ID's and the next day they do not care. Overall, I believe that the positives outweigh the negatives and Cass Tech is the best school in Detroit.
I am currently a Junior at Cass Technical High-school, and I can truly say that this has been the best experience of my life. This school provides so many opportunities to its students, and makes it easier to fulfill your dreams as a student. The staff and administration are both very supportive. Plus the school’s atmosphere is great! We are more of a team and work together to see everyone win in the end. I have been able to join many programs that will help me get prepared for my future for example, Generation Of Promise. This program has taught me a lot and has introduced me to diversity to prepare me for the next step, college. I am also apart of Business Professionals of America, which is a business competition that students compete in to showcase their skills as business students.