Cass Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+952 Students
- A+698 Students
- B+698 Students
- B+381 Students
- B-336 Students
- B+247 Students
- B213 Students
- B-210 Students
- A+207 Students
- B+196 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.165 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.165 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 715 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.173 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.174 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.173 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.246 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.246 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.245 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.253 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.254 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.254 responses
Cass Technical High School Reviews
Review Cass Technical High School
In the four years that I attended Cass Technical High School, I have truly enjoyed this experience. Cass Tech provides students a safe, educational learning community where students develop lifelong relationships, become a family. When the curriculum became challenging, Cass was able to provide me with tutorial services and encouraging mentors. Cass Tech also allows students to be their selves. The atmosphere is filled with respect and compassion. Even though, the work can be challenging, there are extra curricular activities for everyone. I had the opportunity to be a part of the infamous, Cass Tech choir. There were challenging times, but I was and am determined to succeed!
I had a really good high school experience. Cass Tech. is one of the premier high schools in Detroit, MI. It is very competitive; acceptance depends on testing scores and other academic criteria. The academics are challenging, and definitely prepare you for college. Extra curricular activities are abundant, there's something for just about every student. The biggest pitfall is the cafeteria food and lack of variety and vending machines. I played on two championship teams and met some life-long friends. Love it!
Ha! The school nurse and counselor are tucked away in a corner. Bullying isn't handled as well as it should be. I personally had romantic relationship problems (emotional/verbal abuse) and I know Cass Tech won't provide support for me. There are so many depressed students at this school, and none of them believe reaching out to a teacher or administrator will help. I've barely kept my head above the water myself. It's simply not a supportive atmosphere. Also, the school is in Cass Corridor, so there are run down buildings and homeless people in the area (This issue should clear up once the new arena opens up).