Cass Technical High School is an above average, public school located in Detroit, MI. It has 2,447 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Cass Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A2,050 Students
- B+1,600 Students
- A+1,581 Students
- B+1,023 Students
- B-1,019 Students
- B842 Students
- B815 Students
- B+703 Students
- B680 Students
- B526 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.237 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.237 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 1,197 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.245 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.246 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.245 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.318 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.318 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.317 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.325 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.326 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.326 responses
Cass Technical High School Reviews
In one of the worst rated cities, you wouldn't expect for there to be institutions where children can receive quality education. But, this isn't the case. Among other dps/dpscd schools, Cass Tech is the best school to enroll your high schooler. Cass not only offers a wide range of excellent academics, but there's a sport or club for everyone. From male and female basketball, to vollueyball and football, Cass is the best school in Detroit to attend for an athlete looking to expand their career. Along with sports and academics, Cass offers a range of diversity and many different cultures. So, if you want to succeed, Cass is where you should be!
My experiences at Cass Technical High School is amazing! From my first day of freshmen year to my first day of senior year, I was always excited to come to school to see my friends and learn new things everyday. Everyday at school I learn new things and if i didn't understand a certain thing, I wouldn't hesitate to ask my teachers who are extremely kind and supportive. Cass Tech has a bunch of programs and clubs that you can choose from, no one feels out of place at Cass Tech, everyone is welcomed and accepted. The students of Cass Tech know that we have a voice and our principle as well as teachers support us when we protest for something we believe in. The diversity at Cass Tech is amazing, we learn something about one another's culture everyday and we have fun while we do it. I will surely miss Cass Tech when I graduate in June, its a place where i felt at home and a place where many memories were made.
Best high school in Michigan, and possibly, in the US! Academics wise, you will be challenged. The teachers do their jobs which is always a plus. You’re constantly seeing a new person everyday. Socially, Cass is very social. The only downside is that the school can get dirty considering there are almost 3,000 students in attendance.